Skip to content
Maintankadin

Wanted: Ragemane's Flipper

Gorlando
Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:34 pm

Wanted: Ragemane's Flipper

Okay, a friend and I have a feud about the quest Wanted: Ragemane's Fipper. I think that I should take http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44734, but my friend says http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44735 is the way to go. I like the extra avoidance on the mace, but he says I do not need the avoidance and the extra defense and expertise are better. The thing is, dodge is great for mana regeneration. Aesthetically, the axe does look better, but my axe skill is also 3/375. So, who is right? Or is this more of a situational decision? I know both of these are great tanking weapons.
_________________
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Moon+Guard&n=Gorlando
^ Yeah, I know, really bad.
Majiben
Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:07 pm
The defense is helpful for keeping you at 540 defense at 80 if you're using the same weapon. Some people however argue that the mace is higher in total avoidance and the concerns of defense are overblown. In the end both are vaild choices with the mace being favored by humans and dwarves even more because 3 expertise skill is far more than 14 expertise rating.
_________________
I reserve the right to refuse service to those that do not read the stickies.
Thels
Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:15 am
You're a human, so it's a non-issue. Take the mace.

The sword has no defense, which you'll be needing hard at 80.

The axe has slightly more defense than the mace, so it can help you a bit getting to 540 when you hit 80, but that's all it has going for it. The mace has much more dodge, and the racial bonus weights up against the expertise found on the axe.
_________________


Zoe's guide to building your tankadin
Tuberon
Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:56 am
I went for the mace. Too good to pass up. Then proceeded to tank dtk with it.
_________________
Warning: Above poster makes no claims to validity or sanity of said post.

Also... cake.
Arnock
Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:41 am
I went for the axe for the small boost in defense. Now that i'm uncrittable, kinda wished I went for the mace, seeing as it's easier to tab and build up SoV on multiple targets.
_________________


Prot gear if armory is ret
anthony
Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:56 am
i went for the mace, its big, its got good stats and its a mace, kinda wished it didnt look like some kind of mutated shell-fish though....
_________________
i come with my own background music, yes im that cool.
~