Skip to content
Maintankadin

T6 upgrade - when, where, what with?

Sartor
Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:25 am

T6 upgrade - when, where, what with?

Hi guys and gals,

I was wondering if T6 will be enough to go Heroics and Naxx, after gemmed and enchanted more properly? Which gems and enchants should I look into upgrading?

I am level 76 still, but I get critted sometimes when going instances like HoL (yes, I know mobs there are 78-82 level, and it was kinda hard doable at my level).

I already upgraded my neck (old one was from kara - lulz crappy drops), and my ring from TK (the one that is random trash drop), so where should I look for upgrades? Which parts?

Profile:
http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Neptulon&n=Sartor

Thanks in advance.
_________________
Phoulmouth
Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:07 am

Re: T6 upgrade - when, where, what with?

There are a lot of easy upgrades on the way to 80 for T6 tanking gear. But I think as long as you can keep your HP up and hit uncrittable (540) you should be okay for the easier heroics like VH, UK and nexus. Harder hitting heroics like UP, AN, old kingdom aren't going to be easily doable without several replacements though. Unless you have a t7 healer that is. Smile

As far as were to look for upgrades I would suggest hitting the AH first and checking out some of the lvl 78-80 crafted tanking pieces. These have high stam and def so you can hit D cap easy.

There is a very nice BoE block value neck you should be able to find on the AH fairly cheap.

Heroic Culling of Stratholme is fairly easy and drops a very nice shield. There is also a crafted epic shield and a badge shield. I personally stayed away from the crafted one.

You can also look in heroic Violet hold (easy run) for the epic pants off the last boss and trinket off lothander(?).

I highly suggest DLing ratingbuster, tankbuster, and atlasloot for gear hunting.
_________________
Perky - Muradin
Unorthodox
Protection
Retribution

A real pally doesn't heal!
Sartor
Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:28 am
Thanks for the replay.

Yes, I am running with these addons. Wink

As for the pants from VH, they seem pretty crappy to me - mine are from Kalegos with almost the same Def.

As for the neck, are you referring to Burning Skull Pendant? This seems to be dropping in heroic GunDrak.
_________________
Belloc
Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:44 am
You would be much better off getting some high level BS gear (and I don't mean the epic pieces) and quest gear. You can get defense rings from instance quests (gun'drak has a nice one), a great chest from a quest found just inside Utgarde Pinnacle, awesome BS legs, gloves, helm, bracers, shield, boots, and awesome shoulders from another instance quest (if I remember correctly), etc.

If you go in there with tier 6, you'll have low armor, low health, and you'll get torn to pieces.
_________________
Belloc
Majiben
Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:44 am
T6 is low armor and stamina even if it has similar avoidance stats. Dump 90% asap.
_________________
I made a port to exodar. My friend proceeds to MD Alar onto the AFK tank, and we both run. People ran with us, until the port, and realised it was to exodar. Only three of us went through. Turns out people would rather die than go to exodar. -Infurnus
Majiben
Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:17 pm
Comparing illidan's helm to the titansteel helm

Well if you didn't update the gems you would be choosing between 47 stam, 87 AP, ~300 armor and 16 defense versus 25 dodge rating, 16 BV, and 29 BR.

If you did update the gems you would have a harder time choosing between 24 stam, 87 AP and 16 defense versus 25 dodge rating, 16 BV, and 29 BR and maybe a slight gain in armor.
_________________
I made a port to exodar. My friend proceeds to MD Alar onto the AFK tank, and we both run. People ran with us, until the port, and realised it was to exodar. Only three of us went through. Turns out people would rather die than go to exodar. -Infurnus
Dragonzbane
Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:26 pm
Your Defense is only 517.

You need to get that up to par.


I was in full Sunwell gear minus the helm because it never dropped and I made the following list. This list is based on getting to the Defense minimum and for the most part only considers with equal or better stamina and armor.

This is basically Zam's guide with the lesser pieces and 25man pieces deleted.


HEAD
Armored Titanium Goggles - Crafted BOE (Engineering)
Heroes' Redemption Faceguard - Kel'Thuzad - Naxxramas 10
Titansteel Helm - Crafted BOE


NECK
Chained Military Gorget - 25 x Emblem of Heroism
Medallion of the Disgraced - Trash Drop, Naxxramas 10
Titanium Earthguard Chain - Crafted BOE (Jewelcrafting)


SHOULDER
Abomination Shoulderblades - Patchwerk, Naxxramas 10
Heroes' Redemption Shoulderguards - Loatheb, Naxxramas 10
Wapach's Spaulders of Solidarity - BOE (World Drop)


CLOAK
Durable Nerubhide Cape - Crafted BOE (Leatherworking)
Gale-Proof Cloak - Sartharian, Obisidian Sanctum 10
Tattered Castle Drape - UK Trash


CHEST
Heroes' Redemption Breastplate - Four Hourseman, Naxxramas 10
Massive Skeletal Ribcage - Sapphiron, Naxxramas 10
Breastplate of the Solemn Council - Rep Item, Wyrmrest Accord (Revered)
Sun-Emblazoned Chestplate - Sjonnir the Ironshaper, Halls of Stone (Heroic)
Ziggurat Imprinted Chestguard - The Prophet Tharon'ja, Drak'tharon Keep (Heroic)


WRIST
Bracers of the Herald - Herald Volazj, The Old Kingdom (Heroic)
Minion Bracers - Trash Drop, Naxxramas 10
Bindings of Dark Will - Salramm the Fleshcrafter, CoT:Stratholme (Heroic)


HANDS
Fireproven Gauntlets - Rep Item - Kirin Tor (Exalted)
Gauntlets of the Master - Grand Widow Faerlina, Naxxramas 10
Heroes' Redemption Handguards - Sartharion, Obsidian Sanctum 10
Horn-Tipped Gauntlets - Gundrak (Heroic)
Gauntlets of the Water Revenant - Ichoron, Voilet Hold (Heroic)
Daunting Handguards - Crafted BOE (Blacksmithing)


WAIST
Ancient Aligned Girdle - Anub'arak, Azjol-Nerub (Heroic)
Waistguard of Living Iron - Vendor - 40 Emblem of Heroism
Waistguard of the Tutor - Instructor Razuvious, Naxxramas 10
Skadi's Iron Belt - Skadi the Ruthless, Utgarde Pinnacle (Heroic)
Waistguard of the Risen Knight - Trash Drop, Drak'Tharon Keep


LEGS
Bolstered Legplates - Cyanigosa, The Violet Hold (Heroic)
Heroes' Redemption Legguards - Thaddius, Naxxramas 10
Legplates of Inescapable Death - Loatheb, Naxxramas 10


FEET
Plague-Impervious Boots - Noth the Plague Bringer, Naxxramas 10
Tempered Titansteel Treads - Crafted BOE (Blacksmithing)
Greaves of Ancient Evil - Herald Volazj, Old Kingdom (Heroic)
Sabatons of Draconic Vigor - Rep Item - The Wyrmrest Accord (Revered)
Terrace Defence Boots - Trollgore, Drak'Tharon Keep (Heroic)


I didn't include rings or trinkets.

If nothing else at least replace your BC gems with new green gems, they are pretty cheap right now and so are some of the new enchants like 22stam to boots.

Lastly, dump your Fel Myst Shield for the Titansteel one and enchant it with defense, that will help out, and titansteel is pretty cheap now compared to what it used to be.
_________________