Skip to content
Maintankadin

IceBane set worth a try?

Nuclearseal
Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:24 pm

IceBane set worth a try?

We can kill sapphiron with no frost resist has every one said in this forum, but after ive saw the patch notes the icebane set will cost more material to be made.

so should i make the set any way? or the only use it can have is now and
only on sapphiron? icecrown citadel(raid) big bad boss spiting ice damage on raid and we will use it..or,not...?

i know i can make the set and leave it on bank...but i would like to hear some feedback first Smile

tks
Majiben
Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:24 pm
I say no, even if it takes more mats to make in the future the price of mats will have likely gone down.
_________________
I made a port to exodar. My friend proceeds to MD Alar onto the AFK tank, and we both run. People ran with us, until the port, and realised it was to exodar. Only three of us went through. Turns out people would rather die than go to exodar. -Infurnus
towelliee
Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:23 am
Biggest mistake I made first week of WOTLK when we went into Naxx 25 was to get FR, I did not need it AT ALL. BUT if you want to be sure and take way less Frost DMG per second then go for it.
_________________
Phoulmouth
Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:17 am
Yeah, get it now while you can. You need it for 25 man saphiron unless you overgear the encounter. No idea if it will be useful in future raids as well.
_________________
Perky - Muradin
Unorthodox
Protection
Retribution

A real pally doesn't heal!
Kynes
Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:41 am
Main tank and healers don't use it due to gimping of stats. Dps uses it to help the healers though with gear leaps after a few 25 man runs the dps normally won't need as much or any at all.

Imo make it for shits and giggles. The plate stuff is so stupid cheap anyway, take advantage of it while you can.
_________________
Kynes - The Underbog
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Underbog&n=Kynes

Eversteel used to tank uphill both ways in the snow.
Without heals.
Nuclearseal
Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:51 am
but since its a lvl 80 epic and the true is that the set "stats" are great, will this turn to be like the plate fire ress set for illidan flames? bt wasnt there oliy after patches but the set was.
skrith2
Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:49 pm
It's actually pretty awesome for the 3rd boss of heroic Occulus. You can never have too much resist gear as a tank.
_________________
Kroda
Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:09 am
I went ahead and made them to save a few hundred gold since I had the mats.
_________________
corolla
Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:11 pm
The mats for frost resist are easy to get. Our guild pulled together and got everyone their frost resist set in 2days. Resisting the frost damage really helped out on healing.
_________________
zelah
Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:50 pm
I read somewhere that someone on the PTR said the only increase in mats for the icebane set is the addition of the use of frozen orbs. Whether or not that's true, remains to be seen. If it is true, the set will still be dirt cheap to make.

It's probably not worth making though I figure. It's the dps/healers that really have to worry about the blizzards in sapphiron. If you start running around as the tank you could end up getting everyone cleaved / tail swiped.
_________________
hoho
Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:55 am
http://wowwebstats.com/5dvleltb5ityg?s=683427-760767&m

25-man Sapphiron without any frost resist on pretty much anyone besides whatever their class gets from abilites/talents. We've downed it about 2-3x now, we've never used any resist gear and most of our people are quite undergeared. This fight doesn't need any frost resist, it's awfully easy compared to resistance fights in TBC.

I'll probably get the gear once I feel the need for it. Frozen orbs are stacking up without having anything useful to do with them.
Discus
Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:10 am
As a smith in blues I'm going to make the belt at least - for me the FR is irrelevant, it's just very high stamina/armour and slot will allow me some defense. The extra stamina will also keep guildmates silent when they remind me I have lowest stamina of any tank in Guid yet I'm maintank.

The news that post patch the gear will require Frozen Orbs isn't good - anyone know roughly when this patch is due?