Skip to content
Maintankadin

When did you start Heroics? (Poll)

Freddman
Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:44 pm
I started doing heroic when i dinged 80, had about 535 defense and about 19k HP unbuffed. Didn't have any problem at all Smile
Petrus
Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:23 am
I started heroics the second I hit 80. That said, I had over 700 defense rating when I was level 78, so I was already at the 689 rating/540 skill uncrittable mark when I dinged.
_________________
Eaglestrike
Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:47 am
As soon as I hit 80, because I keep my gear semi-updated fairly well. My priest (who just hit 80 yesterday) has better gear than a druid who has been running heroics for the last 3-4 days >.>
_________________
Epimer
Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:38 am
I'm another one who's in the "1 and 2" camp. Dinged, sorted out some gems and enchants to get uncrit, wandered into my first heroic (Drak'theron for easiness). No problems!
hardydefense
Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:13 am
I ran a heroic 30 minutes after hitting 80. But being a pre-WOTLK tankadin I knew how to gear. I had my 540 + over 22K health/armor using 2 engineering trinkets. Got lucky on some drops picking up lvl 80 heroic blues/purples. By the time I had 1 day played at 80 had nabbed my libram, badge neck, def ring from a NAXX 10 boss, and shield from 1st run through H COT: Strath.

This site helped alot on the way there. Don't wait till 80 to start reading up on your class and spec... if you do... Here's your sign.
_________________
80 - Prot - Strormrage
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormrage&n=Hardydefense
Raid Tanked: Naxx 10 - Spider wing cleared
daemonym
Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:42 am
had my titansteel gear and nerubhide cape made, enchanted, and waiting fro me in my bank. hit 80, put em on and im off to heroics tonight. spent last night leveling LW and watching heroes or else i would've gone in then.
_________________
Daenerys
Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:08 pm
As soon as I hit 80, I gemmed/enchanted and got 535+ defense (it was actually over 540) and headed straight to heroics. But I also have an amazing pocket healer. I think health was around 21K unbuffed at the time. It was fine.
_________________


**Currently 0/25 on Lavanthor's Talisman.