Skip to content
Maintankadin

Newly 80, gear check.

Lamin
Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:32 pm

Newly 80, gear check.

I just hit 80 2 days ago and have been scrambling to get 540 def and enough hp to start doing heroics. Currently
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Uther&n=Lamin
is what I'm wearing. I know it's sad but I hadn't gotten any better necks/rings as I was lvling up to replace the BC stuff I had. So if I replace the neck with

Burning Skull Pendant
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37646

and the ring with

Staunch Signet
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44337

That should get me to 540 def so my question is with those 2 upgrades is that good enough to start tanking heroics to start getting better gear?

Edit: I forgot to mention I'm trying to not rely on luck to get anything off the bat, seeing as how I have none. So I'm mostly trying for quest/rep rewards that I can get and don't have to try for a drop rate.
Andryana
Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:54 pm
Just as a note, for heroics you only need 535 defense, it's 540 for raid bosses though.

I would try to get roughly 20k health and 20k armor, that's what i started with just to make sure you can survive some bursts, but of course getting uncrittable is really a priority Smile
_________________
Lamin
Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:58 pm
yeah, none of my stuff is enchanted yet so I was thinking that once I hit the defense cap I could load up with stam enchants to push me over the 20k mark
Thornir
Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:02 pm
The easiest way i can see to upgrade this set is to lose the green rings, especially the only stam one. Check these two out, both are from non-heroics:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=36961

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43306

Lamin has a point too, enchants can help. if youre Honored with the Argent Crusade they have a 20 def rating chant to head, and enchanters can give you a 20 to shield and 22 to chest. Any two of these things should get you to the magical 535. Smile

EDIT: I wouldn't rely on that neck to drop. The average drop rate in Gun'drak is about 8%!
_________________
Many fall, but one remains. - The Stranger

Lamin
Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:12 pm
the neck I can get for around 150g on Auction that's why I said I don't have to rely on it Wink
Lamin
Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:21 pm
I'll look into it and see how much they are.
_________________