Skip to content
Maintankadin

T7 chest for emblems, some gear advice?

DramaticBaby
Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:31 pm

T7 chest for emblems, some gear advice?

Hi everyone, I'm just 5 emblems away from T7 chest.

But, I will lose 38 defense rating and 56 expertise rating
I have this one now Breastplate of the Solemn Council

I got the defense rating trinket from Halls of Lightning, but am not using atm since I got 541 defense as it is.

The trinkets that I'm using right now:

Figurine - Monarch Crab, with a 27 defense rating and 8 defense rating/12 stamina gem in it.

Essence of Gossamer


Maybe it is an obvious choice for you, but not for me. Rolling Eyes
Should I switch to my defense trinket (then I will lose ~70-110 stamina depending on which trinket I swap) and buy the chest, or shall I skip the chest for now until I get more defense that can make up for the 38 def rating lost?

And is it ok to lose 56 expertise rating? I got 21 expertise with my current chest and 14 without.

Should I just skip the chest and buy 2 or 3 other things instead?

If it's of any interest to you I currently have 541 defense, 25384 hp, ~10% short of crush immune (I know crushing blows doesn't exist now in raids, but it can still be useful), everything unbuffed.

You can find my armory page here

I got defense rating enchants on three things in my gear, i.e. head, shoulders and chest, and my gear is socketed with mostly defense and stamina.

Hope you don't get too confused with my babbling Very Happy



Thanks in advance! - Ferendil, proud tankadin Razz
Hearthy
Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:04 pm
Defense enchants to bracers, cloak, and shield would cover the loss. If you don't want to spend the money enchanting stuff you intend to replace soon, swapping out the epic ring for something with defense would probably be less of a hit than replacing your trinkets.
DramaticBaby
Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:59 pm
Ok, ty for the advice.

But you think that T7 chest in #1 thing to buy with emblems?
_________________
DramaticBaby
Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:18 pm
Ok, ty for the response Smile
_________________
Senador
Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:23 am
The problem with the chest is, it costs 80 badges. You can get a very passable chest from either completing the quest for UP, or from revered Wyrmrest that can last you for some time.

Those same 80 badges could instead get you the Libram, Belt and Neck. As the Libram you won't be replacing for...well a while, and the neck and Belt are both very good items, you will be effectively upgrading three slots instead of just one, all very well, with the same badge expenditure.

I ended up getting the chest after getting all the other badge items.
Arcia
Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:43 am
Im kinda in the same situation myself.
Got about 90-100 badges and already bought everything except the belt (got the belt from HC AN) and cant decide if I should buy the t7 chest and replace my wyrmrest chest.
Also got the shield from grobbulus in naxx10 yesterday but that would be a huge loss in defense also, got the titansteel aswell as the HC epic drop shield (cant remember name or instance its drops in).
HinataDestiny
Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:11 pm
Make another +27 Defense gem and put it in the chests Yellow
_________________
Hinata - 80 - Arygos

LF Guild