Skip to content
Maintankadin

Starting heroics.

crazyflanger
Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:51 am

Starting heroics.

I dinged level 80 this past sunday. Since then I've been trying to gear up for heroics but I've run into a problem. I need better gear to run heroics. To get better gear I need to run heroics. I could run the level 80 regular dungeons but no one on my server wants to do regular lvl 80 dungeon runs. I've been trying to do HoL for three days now. My stamina also seems to be lacking to start heroics. (18.5 unbuffed).

I havn't attempted any heroics yet, because I don't want to burden the group, or waste my own time. Should I just do it anyways? Or option two....respec holy, spend $1000 on healing gear....then run heroics while /roll on tank gear? Letting the group know in advance that I am rolling on tank gear? Option three...level my DK.
Majiben
Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:54 am
Were's your tempered saronite and daunting set?
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
hoho
Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:55 am
There are quite a few decent pieces in normal dungeons too.
maurok
Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:37 am
I dinged 80 last friday, and I did some heroics on the weekend.
The crafted items are good enough for the easy heroics...
overall, my gear was:
CRAFTED
- Tempered saronite Belt & Shoulder
- Daunting Legs & Hands
- Saronite Shield


QUESTS
- The Crusader's Resolution (Icecrown)
- Silver-Plated Battlechest (UP Quest)
- Bracers of Reverence (Oculus Quest)
- Solid Platinum Band (Gundrak Quest)
- Staunch Signet (Oculus)
- Hammer of Quiet Mourning (Zul Drak)

and I was still using my Burnose of shifting ages, dabiri´s enigma and moroes pocket watch from TBC

I also put the slots on my items, with some thick sun crystal and enduring dark jade (+6 defense/+9 stamina) on those


none of my gears were droped, so didn´t depend on luck =]

and I did Oculus / UP normal run with some 78~79 ppl... it is easy enough =D

Try going to nexus, uk, drak'tharon keep (you might want to skip the King Dred... the only real dificult fight)... those are pretty easy heroics