Skip to content
Maintankadin

What do you think of Avenger's Shield Glyph?

ninjatrigger
Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:42 pm

What do you think of Avenger's Shield Glyph?

So right now my pally is parked in front of the AH and Im not sure if I should get the AS glyph..... what do you think???

Im at level 75 right now and not sure if its worth it now....though I really would like to see AS do 100% more damage...
Kelarik
Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:16 pm
It's nice to see the numbers get bigger but in my opinion it's not worth losing 3-target agro for a bit more damage on one, I imagine your healer might accidentally pull agro by popping on a HoT thinking it was safe to do so out of habit with how AS normally works.
_________________
Jesus said: "I offer you eternal salvation." The desciples replied: "Can we get kings or might instead?"
Knaughty
Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:18 pm
I don't like the glyph and find it very unlikely I'll ever take it.
_________________
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum.
Knaughty
Naxx-25 15/15 pre-buff
Majiben
Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:25 pm
Not worth it now that a single target pull is in the works. I think the reason why most people even considered using it was to be able to reliably get a single mob on a pull. Now that we have both a single target taunt and pulling tool (in one!) that reason is straigth out. Easier trash or add pick up overshadows a small increase in boss threat for most people. I previously advocated this glyph but with the new Hand of Judgement spell I really can't justify it.
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
Nidaknat
Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:21 pm

Threat

I don't have any problem with threat now and I see that as a threat and pulling tool I don't care if I pull 1 or pull 3 mobs or 6 as long as the healer can keep me up. With as much damage as the mobs take and threat you build from hitting the extras keeps you ahead of the game and makes it so your dps can transition right into the next mob without having to worry about anything.

Nida
HinataDestiny
Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:58 am
Heres my logic on this

No Glyph: hits 3 targets for 100% damage each so thats 100 x 3 = 300

Glyph: hits 1 target for 200% damage so thats 200 x 1 = 200

Less damage = a no
_________________
Hinata - 80 - Arygos

LF Guild
amh
Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:50 am
If I were trying to do dps I´d probably think like Hinata ^

I do not believe the loss of utility is worth the (minor) threat-gain from that glyph.
_________________
Kieras <- armory
Veilan
Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:58 am
Only application is if you're off tanking and supposed to pull a single mob out of the fray, but I'm with Majiben on this - with our second taunt on the way, I really don't see the necessity.
_________________
Amarant_Pally
Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:30 am
I bought this Glyph. Tanked ONE Heroic run using it, and switched back to my old 10% Judgement damage. Hella no!
_________________
Fenris
Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:04 am
Well,it has pros when using AS as a threat tool (if i remember the maths done at the time,it ends being a larger dps/tps upgrade than the judgement one)

It's just personal taste if it is worth using or not
_________________
crazyflanger
Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:03 am
I have this glyph, I like it a lot. I've used it when I was leveling and for PvP. 3k-6k(critical) is a great opener on any mob. This glyph is no good for tanking however and I will be replacing it shortly.
leira_
Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:07 am
don't like it at all Sad
_________________
Lore
Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:09 am
Hate.

HATE.

I put it on to play around with in one Heroic run and had to hearth to replace it halfway through because I couldn't stand not having 3-target Avenger's Shield.
_________________
Station wagons are my favorite things.
Riekko
Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:02 pm
im only one who actually likes it? :(
Morza
Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:58 pm
Think about it this way.

Assuming your still lvl 75.Im guessing your hit rating is low.The beauty of AS is if it misses the first target it will keep going and hit the next 2.But with the Glyph and low hit rating then if it misses thats it.Such a waste.And I had a similar situation as Lore.Had it at the start of a Heroic UK run and it missed againt the first boss I hearthed replaced and had the Lock summon me back right after the fight.
_________________