Skip to content
Maintankadin

Seem to be getting hit very hard. Gear help?

Quov
Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:41 am

Seem to be getting hit very hard. Gear help?

Alright. When I'm doing heroics i seem to be taking massive amount of damage for some reason. My roommate is the healer i primarily run with and at times has problems keeping me up. What I'm wondering is, is it my gear that is the problem or possibly something else. I always position myself correctly and make sure I'm never getting hit from the sides or behind.(When possible)

Armory Link : http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cairne&n=Quov

Also on the gear, I have a Red Sword of Courage with the same enchant as my crusher that I normally use. I just happened to have logged off with that one equipped as i was farming before logging.

So what I'm looking to find out is what exactly i can do to help this (with understandably getting better gear).
Kroda
Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:46 am
what are your tanking trinkets?
_________________
Quov
Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:47 am

Re

At the moment I have none, been doing Heroics and instances that contain the ones I want for the past few days but have yet to see one drop.
Ulushnar
Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:48 am
Your gear's mostly fine, but some more HP wouldn't go amiss. Grab a sta/agi armor patch from the AH, they should be pretty cheap there.

Also, get a +22 stamina enchant on your boots rather than +AP, or better yet, grab either the Knights of the Ebon Blade honored boots (which you should be able to get with quests in Icecrown), the Wyrmrest Accord revered boots or the Blacksmithing ones and slap the stamina enchant on them.

There's also better bracers from the quest line in the Occulus, so complete that on Normal for a reliable upgrade to your Tempered Saronite ones.
_________________
I am a sexy, shoeless God of War!
Subject
Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:32 am
Being crushable doesn't help. Get a 40AP/15 Resilence shoulder enchant from Wintergrasp to fix that.

Obviously some tanking trinkets would be nice, H Violet Hold for the Block one, halls of lightning for +def and 111Stam from H Azjol Nerub.

As well as enchanting the remainder of your gear will help.

And I assume being that you are a BS you have sockets in your gloves, bracers and belt.
_________________
Regretful - Female Blood Elf Paladin of Mannoroth
Subject - Male Human Paladin of Arthas (Sold Pre-2.4)
Panzerdin
Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:39 pm
He meant crittable.
Tyaera
Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:02 pm
Your main reason for taking a lot of damage is you have really low avoidance. If you're trying to aoe tank heroics, chances are that if you're tanking three mobs, every time each of them swing, you're probably takin at least two of those swings, perhaps all three, and since most mobs have a 2.0-3.0 swing timer for trash mobs, thats a lot of incoming damage
_________________
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Quov
Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:25 pm

RE

Thank you everyone, for helping.
Squishums
Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:10 am
If youre doing strictly heroics you can neglect stamina a little bit. I died alot in heroics, and I found I was not dying because of burst, but just too much damage overall. Healer would spam heals, but I wouldnt be getting topped off, healer was slowly falling behind till I died.

Stamina sure doesnt hurt, but if youre healer cant keep up it wont really help. Stacking stamina but having such low mitigation and avoidance that you rarely actually get topped off to take advantage of it all just doesnt make sense.

Defence, even way past 540, will be most helpful. Try to get a helm with a meta socket too (heroic nexus or heroic gundrak), the 5% block value or 2% armor whichever you choose is really nice.

Im assuming youre not dying from burst damage....if you are then yeah you need stamina.