Skip to content
Maintankadin

How is my tankadin shaping up?

Kelzeo
Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:11 am

How is my tankadin shaping up?

Hi guys

I have been working hard to get my pally ready for raiding, and would like u to have a look at how she is doing atm and feel free to give any hints or tips Smile

My plans atm is getting the 111 stam trinket from AN HC and then get the emblem dodge trinket for my second trink slot. I am also after the epic belt from AN HC but will get the emblem belt if the damn thing dosnt drop soon.

Last thing: How do I check for myself if I am blockcapped?

thx in advance Cool

Armory: http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kazzak&n=Kelzin
Levantine
Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:14 am
Uncrittable: Only just, but yes
Health: 25k

You're good for Naxx, easy.

Also, don't worry about block capping yet. In order to get there pre raid, you need to gimp other stats too much.
_________________

Rinforce | Rinforze
Kelzeo
Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:20 am
I have the titansteel shield wall also, so can easily go over the 540 mark.
But is it worth it to go over the 540 mark ? Isnt it better to stack dodge / parry / BR/BV ?
Levantine
Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:25 am
If you want to Block Cap yourself, Defense is second to Block Rating, and easily better than Dodge and Parry.
_________________

Rinforce | Rinforze
Kelzeo
Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:29 am
So basicly I should keep myself around the 25k hp unbuffed, stack defense and as my gear gets upgraded I will get the avoidance stats (dodge / parry) via the gear upgrades?

Would I be worth it to use the 65 def trinket from HoL I think it was (have it in the bank) instead of the emblem dodge trinket?
Majiben
Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:33 am
It is always worth it to have more defense.
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
Zeruvar
Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:38 am
yeah, a lot of us miss the fact that 540 is a minimum, not a cap. So far getting the best combination of def and stamina is the way to go for gearing up. Its not surprising (and all that hard) to get your hp up to 25k unbuffed while staying uncrittable. And even at that, your probably going to be about 10-11% short of getting block capped (the new uncrushable). Stacking Avoidance right now would be a waste of stat itemization since we get a whole lot more from Def Rating right now. (At least from what I've experienced so far)
_________________
Kelzeo
Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:54 am
Idd wasnt hard to reach 25k hp unbuffed and staying uncrit, but I am still using my old trinkets commendation (57 stam) and card trink (51 stam) so getting the AN HC 111 stam trinket would free up a trink slot and think im gonna use the 65 def trinket from loken there. Got that on my first and only run there. Lucky me Wink