Skip to content
Maintankadin

May be a JC but still like Gemming Advice

HinataDestiny
Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:42 pm

May be a JC but still like Gemming Advice

Okay at the daily switch over I will be able to craft myself this baby Titanium Earthguard Ring

So I wanna put a JC only Gem in it but I have not the slightest idea which one.

Here are the options I'm giving you
Bold Dragon's Eye
Rigid Dragon's Eye
Solid Dragon's Eye
Subtle Dragon's Eye
Flashing Dragon's Eye
Thick Dragon's Eye
Left Expertise off because with the glyph I'm right at the dodge cap,

You've got 4 days to debate this because thats how long itll take me to get the tokens for the pattern and gem.

EDIT: And by all means recommend non JC only gems that will fill the socket bonus
_________________
Hinata - 80 - Arygos

LF Guild
Levantine
Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:08 pm
No such thing as Defense capped. 540 is a minimun. If you don't want to use the Defense gem, that's fine, but don't spread bull like this so called cap.

Also, Parry has ZERO ill effect. The riposte happens when the boss parries you, not when you parry the boss. When you parry it, your swing timer is sped up.
_________________

Rinforce | Rinforze
verthis
Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:00 am
I think there is a post missing, must have been deleted as the OP and the second post dont seem to go together.

If I were to pick a Gem it would be the 41 stamina Gem for that ring I think, unless I was short on defence in that case the defence Gem would go in there.
_________________
daemonym
Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:02 am
my general plan is to use the JC bop stam gems and focus my other gems/enchants on hitting the block cap, after that it's dodge/strength all the way.
_________________
Majiben
Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:10 am
Toss up between the Stam and Defense. Honestly it seemed a bit costly to make to me for the benifit.
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
Taylia
Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:42 am
Not that costly at all. It's 3 days of dailies to craft one gem, 5 days to craft all 3, turned out to be the first thing I picked up so I could get a couple skillups off it and be set on defense gems for my epic gear.

I picked up Stam and Defense first thing, myself. I can't imagine wasting my epic 3 on anything else.
Majiben
Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:54 am
The ring is costly, not the gems Very Happy
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
Taylia
Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:02 am
Oh! Missed that part. Yeah. The mats for the ring is seriously offputting. If I ever make one, it'll be for profit. By the time I do make it, I'll have better.
Maridian
Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:15 am
If you're not uncrittable yet, cut the defense one.

If you ARE uncrittable, don't use the stamina one here unless you have no other options. This is a blue socket -- save the stamina Dragon's Eye for a red or yellow socket to score the bonus you wouldn't otherwise get.

Or just cut the defense one and use it here; that's not a bad stat to get, will keep the socket bonus, and will allow you to trade out some other items for lower-defense but better-other stats as you advance.
_________________
"Our only hope is revolution. I'll put up a sign-up sheet. We need one person to bring pitchforks, one person to bring torches.... am I thinking of revolution, or killing Frankenstein monsters?"