Skip to content
Maintankadin

Question about Eternal Belt Buckle and advice

Macktruck
Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:39 am

Question about Eternal Belt Buckle and advice

From what I can attain from other posts, you should be able to put any gem in a belt gem slot.

However, I received a Prismatic Socket. Does this happen every time? I do realize that only a Prismatic gem can be placed in this socket (much like Meta gem socket).

I am a JC, and I currently have x2 41 stam gems in my leg, and I have room for a third.

Scenario 1:Would my belt be the place to put an Enchanted Tear (+6 all stats) and then put the 3rd 41 stam gem in my Monarch Crab or wherever?

Scenario 2: Would the Solid Dragon's Eye be a better fit for my belt and then put like 24 stam + 16 Def Rating in my Monarch Crab while skipping an Enchanted Tear altogether

I realize that 6 extra stats from 1 gem is pretty good, but I'm not a fan of the Enchanted Tear. I see this more as a perfect fit on a Hunter for instance.

I'm leaning towards Scenario 2, but what advice do you guys have? Also, what extra info can ya'll give about the extra belt socket? Thank you.

Edit: Quick link to my armory profile http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dragonmaw&n=Macktruck
mconeone
Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:11 pm
It's a colorless socket, meaning that it doesn't count towards set bonuses on the item. The gem color counts towards metagem requirements though.
_________________
Velyna
Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:47 pm
You can put any color gem into that socket except a meta
_________________
Lore
Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:49 pm
To clarify: "Prismatic" means "automatically satisfies/ignores any color requirements".

Prismatic gems work in any socket.
Prismatic sockets work with any gem.
_________________
Station wagons are my favorite things.
Macktruck
Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:54 pm
Ty for clearing that up. Maybe I dreamt it, but when I put the belt buckle in my belt and tried to gem it, I got an error.

As far as gem slots go, is it worth putting an enchanted tear in my gear...say in that belt socket?
hoho
Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:21 am
When I had three JC gems in my gear and I wanted to replace one +stam to +defense I got the error too. I used an old outland drop resi gem to get rid of one of the JC gems. Later on I thought all I should have done is put the gearpiece to my inventory. IIRC in inventory I can have JC gems in every piece of gear, I just can't wear more than three at a time.
Taylia
Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:14 am
Facts you need to know about gem color and socket color:

Socket color does not matter in the strictest sense. If you want the socket bonus, you'll need to fulfill the socket colors to get it. But if the socket bonus is something cheesy like 4 hit rating, you can ignore socket color and slot whatever the heck you want.

Gem color's a bit more interesting. For dual color gems - we'll use purple for this example - they count as red AND blue. That's distinctly different from red OR blue. Meaning, if you have a meta that requires 3 red gems, and 3 blue gems, slotting a purple gem will count 1 for each color at the same time.

This means, in the case of prismatic gems (like the JC gems and enchanted tears) they count as all three colors, at the same time. This make them really good for filling a slot color that you don't like.

Good example of this is the Monarch Crab. One yellow slot, one blue. You can put a regular stamina gem in the blue slot to fulfill it, then stick a 41 stam dragon's eye in the yellow slot. Since the dragon's eye is prismatic, it'll fulfill the yellow slot, and you'll get the +9 stam socket bonus on top of it.

Slotting that trinket such a way will give you 2 blue, 1 red, and 1 yellow towards your meta requirements, as well.