Skip to content
Maintankadin

Dragon Eye Gem Advice

Claudie
Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:12 am

Dragon Eye Gem Advice

Armory Link

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodscalp&n=Claudie

I recently was able to craft the Epic BOE JC Ring http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=42643

Now as a JC I am available to use 3 JC Only Dragon Eye with each being unique equipped. These gems if you are not familiar are of high quality and match any socket color. I have already utilized the +41 stamina gem in my Monarch Crab Trinket and have either the dodge http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42151 or defense http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42157 to choose for the ring slot in my new ring.

I was initially thinking of gemming to make it a heavy dodge ring but currently I am disappointed with having to devote my second trinket slot to a defense stat trinket when there is an attractive options like http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=40683.

However, I am familiar with the overall value of defense even after meeting the magic 540 so gemming to make it defense heavy I would value the added % to block, dodge, parry, miss etc. and the gear flexibility to change a trinket or other piece down the road. (I am leaning towards the defense gem)

Any feedback/advice relative to my original question or overall gear would be appreciated. I believe as my armory is linked that I am crit immune and "block capped". I am still sporting Illidan's helm which could be upgraded by http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=37135 or swap to a defense enchant on the chest.

Thank you in advance.
semp
Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:05 am
I was under the impression that after reaching uncrit and block cap its time to start stacking HP. I would go for more 41 stam gems, unless you feel your avoidance is to low.
Claudie
Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:12 am
Thank you for the reply.

This could be the case however regretfully you are only able to use 1 Dragon Eye of each type (unique equipped) so the +41 is no longer available.

It would come down to a +24 stamina(Rare) or the defense or dodge linked above.
semp
Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:36 am
Nope, you can use three 41 stam gems. I got 2 in my JC trinket, saving the third for now. you can have 3 JC gems equipped at any one time, which of the three is up to you.
Claudie
Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:47 am
After reading the Unique Equipped Description I can see you are correct and how I misinterpreted.

Thank you again and any other general thoughts would be great.
Panzerdin
Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:02 am
Put them in pieces where they'll help you fill out a socket bonus (Red much?) with a stat you need - either defence towards uncrit, dodge, whatever you like.
daemonym
Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:39 am
i plan on using two of the stam gems and the defense gem. my late game plan is to gear for avoidence and block cap as much as possible and use the triple JC stam gems to make up for what i lose in that regard. also using them for hitting a random socket bonus is pretty sweet. I wouldn't put them in the crab trinket unelss you just dont have any other sockets open. like if theres a spot that gives +hit and another that gives +def or +stam i'll put the prismatic JC gem into the +hit spot and my other gems into the other ones.

but there's always 2 general rules i tend to follow with gems/enchants: play to the items strength (EH piece or avoidance piece) and make up for what ever i feel i'm lacking.
_________________