Skip to content
Maintankadin

What color gem do I put in a red socket?

Bahamutkotd
Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:32 am

What color gem do I put in a red socket?

i need a red gem to make the meta work i might have to put it in my bracers then
Majiben
Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:28 pm
I also suggest this gem Champion's Monarch Topaz

A +str/+stam is also acceptable.

In the future please post with WoWHead links because that is the only database we have scroll over descriptions for.
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
Gamingdevil
Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:00 am
I'm with Majiben, although I'm leaning more towards stam instead of defense. Strength for the win.
_________________
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Majiben
Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:39 am
I know their green cuts exist which is what I am usind till I get better gear.
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
khyrum
Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:53 am
Wow, that didn't help me one bit.
Base linked my very own gem again without answering if it was better and loads of other gems got linked that I don't want anyway! Laughing

Offcourse I would go for the defence gem, but since I am pretty much far over the defence minimum I want to get some extra health and block rating.
Since there are no blockrating normal gems (meta one does exist)...

All I want to know, if it's about pure stats:

+8 parry rating
or
+8 expertise

wich one? =D


edit: I just saw that I linked Guardian"s Twilight Opal twice
this is the other gem: Defender"s Twilight Opal
Reverent
Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:10 am
Bahamutkotd, personally I would for red gem slots I'd go for:

Sovereign Twilight Opal . You'd get increased threat and increased mitigation with the strength, as well as a larger health pool and spell damage from the stamina.

The thing is that this cut might not currently be available in the rare form above. You can go for the cheaper Sovereign Shadow Crystal.

Khyrum, out of your choice of parry or expertise, since Glyphs and Talent points give a lot of expertise, I'd go for the avoidance given by parry. But because of diminishing returns.
_________________
mconeone
Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:14 pm
I prefer dodge/stam.
_________________
Spamdrew
Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:00 pm
Ok a STR/STAM gem would be best however good luck finding someone to cut it since the blue level design does not exist. Neither does STR/DEFENCE. Currently the best gem for red sockets if you want blue level gems is DODGE/STAM.
_________________