Skip to content
Maintankadin

hp scaling with Combat expertise and Sacred duty

zelah
Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:52 pm

hp scaling with Combat expertise and Sacred duty

So as I understand it, you get 1.06x your stamina from an item with SD, and then getting CE would make it 1.06x1.06, which is 1.1236. So an item with 10 stam which would normally give 100hp would give 112hp.

I tried this by unequipping/equipping essence of gossamer, the trinket which has 111 stamina. Instead of 1110 hp, I received 1240hp. However, this equates to a stamina multiplier of 1.117. I don't understand where the discrepancy is. Where is the extra 7hp from 1247~ which should be there, compared with the 1240 that I am getting?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eredar&n=Zelah
_________________
Majiben
Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:55 am
I changed your title to make the subject more transparent.


First off stat increases stack additively. So you don't get 1.1236 stamina per point but 1.12 stamina. Second of all the game rounds down to the nearest stam after all gear is applied (so if you you had 4 pieces that gave 12.25 stamina each you would get 50 stamina from those 4 pieces together rather than 48 stam if it rounded after each piece). That predicts either 1240 Hp or more rarely 1250 Hp (111*1.12 *10=1243.2)
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC