Skip to content
Maintankadin

Shield Choice Pre-Naxx?

CrunCher
Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:10 pm

Shield Choice Pre-Naxx?

So I have a few shield choices, and I don't know which to go for.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43085 in heroic stratholme

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42508 crafted

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37162 (currently using)


and this is the naxx shield

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39276


Do you think I should just stay with my current shield. I am at about 23k hp unbuffed and at 528 def before enchants. Or should I just grab the crafted shield, since I heard it was currently the best shield in the game.
Majiben
Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:27 pm
Best is definetly a relative term in this case. The crafted shield may be the best in the sense that it's the easist to get or highest in defense but the other shields have their charm. Your current shield and the naxx shield both have blockrating to assist in becoming block capped. The naxx shield has more stamina and BV for increased threat and EH. The CoT shield has hit which can be hard to find on tanking gear.

I'm suprised you didn't mention the badge reward shield which is another viable choice.

My advice is to spend your money and badges elsewhere. Get the titansteel helm, boots and the badge neck before you start worrying about getting a sidegrade for your shield.
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
Freemount
Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:39 am
They are all pretty even. But with the crafted one being easiest to obtain and by far the prettiest, I say go with that one. You will replace all of them through naxx anyway..
nebulas
Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:31 am
i would take a gear inventory over all. See what your resources are, what time you have and what items you would provide the biggest overall upgrade. In a perfect world with unlimited g and time of course get the best shield and go for an upgrade.

I suggest looking at the other gear forum for the gear list they have. print it out, mark it up and focus on the best bang for your buck.

in the end, naxx is an easy 10 man. you will get upgrades fast if you run it alot. I wouldn't stress.
_________________
70 / http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silver+Hand&n=Nebulas / Silver Hand / The Knights of Justice: http://end.at/koj
Palabrewtis
Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:21 pm
I'm kinda in this dilema too, I decided to make the Titansteel simply because of the amount of defense it has. It will allow you to replace other pieces that have better stats, it's easier to obtain and it saves badges for gear that can't be easily crafted.

Also a consideration would be for when it comes time to start making new resist gear. You will likely start losing defense raiting this shield will be a nice boost to pick it back up.
_________________