Hello everyone.
I have some questions about my gear. And what I should be aiming to replace it with.
Im 70 prot pal on Arthas Horde.
In my tank gear my HP is only 10700 and 11000 Armor. Not very good.
I have however over capped my defence so I have some room now to start removing up to 40 defence rating to be at 490 defence.
Since armory is down (I think) ill post the link to the items most in question.
Main hand: Shard of the Virtuous http://thottbot.com/i28522
+40 SP enchant.
I have Millennium Blade http://thottbot.com/i28184 as extra mitigation alternative but it seems very weak compared to the shard so I usualy just use the shard.
Im gusseing either Merciless Gladiator's Gavel http://thottbot.com/i32963 or Sun Eater http://thottbot.com/i29362 for an alternative.
I only now found out how dps is so important in 3.0 on the main hand weapons stats it's. For dps weapon I have easy acces to the exalted Aldor 1 hander. Vindicator's Brand http://thottbot.com/i29124 But I never realy looked at dps weapons pre 3.0 so im limited in the number of options im aware of.
If I carry 3 with me. What enchant should be on my tank weapon? Im assuming potency for my dps weapon?
Off Hand: I have Shield of the Void http://thottbot.com/i28166
Seems I could do alot better here but no idea what shield I should Aim for. Also is it normal for Enchant Shield - Major Stamina to be so hard to find? Ive checked with about 10 375 chanters no one has it.
Belt: Sha'tari Vindicator's Waistguard http://thottbot.com/i31460
Seems like a good belt, but mabey I could get more stamina from a PvP belt.
Gloves: Felsteel gloves http://thottbot.com/i23517
I have these gemmed for stamina and enchanted with + spell damage which cost alot but would a cheap Heavy Knothide Armor Kit be better? Or + armor?
Shoulder: Pauldrons of Brute Force http://thottbot.com/i24463. Gemmed for stam and with exalted aldor inscription. These blow chunks and i need to replace them bad. Im considering the shoulders off Laj Spaulders of the Righteous http://thottbot.com/i27739. But the S2 shoulders seem like lightyears ahead of both. Merciless Gladiator's Lamellar Shoulders http://thottbot.com/i31996
One important question that I have about these pvp peices. Does 1 resiliance = 1 defence for becoming uncritable? Or is it some other relation?
If I end up with 50 resiliance will I only need 440 defence to be uncritable?
I digress...
Feet: Flesh Beast's Metal Greaves http://thottbot.com/i29325 I have some nice Epic plate spell power boots but except for 23 stamina they have no tank stats. And these kind of suck. Should I get some PvP boots or something else?
Chest: Vindicator's Hauberk http://thottbot.com/i29127. This is another case where it seems like the S2 gear would be way better. Merciless Gladiator's Lamellar Chestpiece http://thottbot.com/i31992
What enchant for here? Still exceptional health or stats?
Helm: Myrmidon's Headdress http://thottbot.com/i28180. Seems like I should have the S2 helm Merciless Gladiator's Lamellar Helm http://thottbot.com/i31997. I do have timekeepers inscription.
Neck: Mark of the Ravenguard http://thottbot.com/i29336 Not a bad peice but mabey some room for improvement.
Rings: Andormu's Tear http://thottbot.com/i29323 and Iron Band of the Unbreakable http://thottbot.com/i27436. Good mit peices but could realy use more stam on the tear.
Trinkets: Regal Protectorate http://thottbot.com/i28042 and Adamantine Figurine http://thottbot.com/i27891. 0 stam here. Awful. I realy need stam. Thought not sure how much a darkmoon card would cost, or realy what my options are pre raiding.
I left out a few peices as they are pretty good for now. If anyone can make suggestions about what to replace that gear with. Or answer my questions.
1. about resil to defence ratio as related to being uncritable.
2. Also does AP/Strength up our dps in regular 5 man tanking compareably to spell power?
3. Also about Block Value. How is it for paladins? Every thing I read about it is written by a warrior and goes something like "yeah mit is nice but check these 6 k shield slam crits!" So do we care?
As for my poll question. My other gear on wrist is Bracers of the Green Fortress. On back Cloak of Blade Turning. On Legs Timewarden's Leggings with + 40 stam+ 12 agil buff gemmed for stam. On libram slot have the badges + block rating libram.
Thanks for your time and your help!
Threatco
Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:33 am
