Skip to content
Maintankadin

Pocketwatch or Insignia?

Ranluka
Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:49 pm

Pocketwatch or Insignia?

I got the Shadowmoon insignia tonight and I'm wondering if I should use it, or continue using the Pocketwatch for Sunwell. The Shadowmoon Inginia gives me another 1.5% avoidance, but the Pocket Watches use option is much.. much better.
majiben
Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:11 am

Re: Pocketwatch or Insignia?

Ranluka wrote:I got the Shadowmoon insignia tonight and I'm wondering if I should use it, or continue using the Pocketwatch for Sunwell. The Shadowmoon Inginia gives me another 1.5% avoidance, but the Pocket Watches use option is much.. much better.


Well the only thing about the pocket watch use in SW is that it's less powerful relatively. In anywhere but SW it's worth say a 1/3rd reduction in incoming damage at 55% avoidance. but in SW your avoidance is only 30% and it's worth 1/5th reduction in incoming damage.

For anything but SW the pocket watch will win when an emergency button could save the day.
elfjorc
Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:18 am
Depends on the fight.
Revnger
Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:08 pm
Several factors with 3.0



1 is we get a half bubble for an "oh shit" button, and adding health works directly in had with this, as more health, with 65%ish base mitigation below 35%, and we're tough to kill.

2. is we lose defense, making the Defense of the Insignia even more vital.


The benefit on the other side is you can look at it having two oh shit buttons, but still, for me, it's Insignia.