Skip to content
Maintankadin

What to go for now.

Dendrah
Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:20 pm

What to go for now.

Finally!!! I dinged 70 on my tankadin. I tanked most normal instances to great succes so far. I also achieved uncrittable.

Please don't tell me I got empty sockets cause the gems have been ordered.

I also know I need enchants. What would you recommend me? I'm low on HP, my armor is not yet the best and I'm crushable. Should I go all out on HP and try to hit 11k? Or should I rather go for something else? (The weapon I know what I want and working on it)

My armor link:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Defias+Brotherhood&n=Denby

What content can I handle with this gear? Can I already try a heroic SP? Maybe even OT Kara?
Barathorn
Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:40 am
Firstly, congratulations on level 70. Now the fun begins!

Really you need to have a look through the guides on pre raiding gear and work towards that prior to thinking about enchants I would suggest. However you do have two choices enchant wise, if your rich then you can enchant everything, even small upgrades. If your not, you need to work towards a solid set of gear and get that enchanted asap with the right enchants.

Defense on chest, cloak and bracers are good choices, although stamina on bracers is also very good. The Keepers of Time head enchant [revered rep] is a must have. Shoulder enchant from your faction [aldor or scryer] is another must have. Gloves as soon as you get a good pair should have +2% threat on them ideally, but +15 agility is another good choice dependant on requirement. Your shield, if struggling for uncrushability should have +15 Block rating, this can be upgraded to +18 stamina at a later date. Clefthoof leg armour is good and when you get a good pair of tanking legs then Nethercleft is your best option.

All of these enchants are covered in the sticky enchanting gear guide by Invis Smile I would suggest reading it if you havent already, it really helps.

As for Tanking a heroic. No, you are nowhere near ready, you dont have the health, avoidance or spell damage to cope with it at the moment. Off Tanking Kara? You might be lucky and get a few good drops of the first couple of bosses, but I wouldn't take you in in a group I ran in honesty at the moment, you aren't ready gear wise.

You just need to get the upgrades one at a time now, if you have a supportive guild then they might fast track you to get some gear, failing that you need to get the upgrades you can in small steps and soon you will be a viable choice for easier heroics and Karazhan.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but you have a way to go, getting to 70 was the easy part Smile You will succeed, just dont try to run before you can walk as there are thousands of trigger happy DPS in BG Arena gear who wont give you a second chance. Rely on your guild for support and ask for help whenever you need it, either from your guild or on these forums.

Good luck Tankadin.

Barathorn
_________________


'Don't mind Guillex, he thinks he's Dorvan' - Lore at his best March 2008.

http://armorylite.com/eu/Aerie+Peak/Barathorn
Dendrah
Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:13 am
Thanks for the answers Barathorn.

I took a look at the guides and I think I have a decent amount of the gear mentioned there (the uncrittable at least)

I was just thinking that since the last SL and SV went so smooth and since in heroics they don't crush I might wanna take a step to badges already (Gief libram!!!!)

I know my HP is to low to do it thou but I can get some enchants to bring that up a bit. Most of the nice tanking gear is there anyway.

Money is a problem. I'm still trying to find gold for my flying mount and my main hunter is playing on another server. I'll see if I can do some SSO dailies with my guild (I don't fancy doing them solo apart from the bomming run)

I have a good guild. My brother is an officer there and since he thinks I'm the god of WoW, his guild thinks so too Very Happy

Considering the enchants you name I totally agree. I have however no problem on threat. Only HP bothers me a bit. I don't fancy spending primals on enchants and gear already. So I think I'll do with the cheap enchants for now. A bit of dust is easy to recollect.

Imho my weakest point is my weapon. Am I correct there? Or should I better invest some time in gathering some gear with more stamina on it?
Barathorn
Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:36 am
The stamina will come with better gear, try doing some SSO dailies, you should be able to do most of them. From Exalted with SSO you can get 2 excellant shields, one with dodge which you can enchant with +18 stamina for boss fights and one with shield block rating which you can enchant with +15 Block rating for trash fights and to help with your uncrushability.

Weapon wise I would bite the bullet and just grind for the S2 arena mace from battlegrounds. With WotLK we may see a tendancy to go back to non spell damage weapons, but for now and for AoE tanking in WotLk you can't go wrong with that Gavel.

I am a strong advocate of advising people that you should always have the best gems and enchants you can afford on your gear, but in your case I think realistically you would do well to get some slightly better gear first before spending lots of money on gems and enchants. Of course that will be difficult as you need better enchants and gems to get better gear Sad Use what you can afford to at the moment, don't spend lots on enchants and gems, ask in your guild for help if you need it.

Good luck!

Barathorn
_________________


'Don't mind Guillex, he thinks he's Dorvan' - Lore at his best March 2008.

http://armorylite.com/eu/Aerie+Peak/Barathorn