Skip to content
Maintankadin

Blacksmithing - good choice?

Bludgeon
Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:47 pm

Blacksmithing - good choice?

Hi all,

I am currently at the point of choosing Armorsmith or Weaponsmith in my continuing BS education.

If I am going Prot to tank, would Armor be the way to go? I enjoy making things and being able to spike my own shield. And my main is an Alchemist/Tailor for pots. Thanks for any advice.
_________________
gmf1
Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:54 pm
Atm armoursmithing does nothing for anyone, you dont need it to make most things and the things you can make with it are pretty poor. As for weapon smith there is nothing in there for prot at all but you could make a nice 2h for ret set or killing casters.

Atm the specs in blacksmithing are useless for prot you can make everything you need without specing.

I went armoursmith though as i have faith in blizz giving us good gear in wrath, but thats just me and im prolly wasting my time.

look at the 2h's and choose if you want one of them. (mace or sword axe is for hunters)
_________________
Bludgeon
Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:37 pm
Wow, that's disappointing.
_________________
Sober
Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:23 pm
stormherald if you really want it for ret, but besides that, there's not much and i kind of regret doing the grind for BS but i'll wait and see what wotlk has in store before I ditch it.

Boots of the Protector are fairly decent but you can also just get badge boots (Sabatons) that are pretty decent.

Belt of the Protector is BoE so just farm the mats.

Somewhat sad that armorsmithing has like 1 piece of armour with defense rating on it.
_________________