Skip to content
Maintankadin

Dodge+Parry vs block for boss tanking

Frobo
Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm

Dodge+Parry vs block for boss tanking

First, here is my armory
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gilneas&n=Morober

I was looking into getting http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33279 and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34888

Before I spend the badges and money to get them enchanted/gemmed, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything stupid. I have a really really nice AOE tanking set that has high block rating and block value so that is totally different than what I use to tank bosses. Will too much avoidance hurt my threat because I won't be getting hit as much? Or should I try to maximize my dodge and parry for the hard hitting, fast swinging bosses?
Frobo
Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:22 pm
I have the 75 badge chestpiece. It is gemmed and enchanted a little bit differently. I use that for trash. I use the one I have on now for bosses because of the slightly higher defense and dodge, and higher stam. I'm not too concerned about spell damage right now.