Skip to content
Maintankadin

Progressing in SSC and TK, upgrades?

Ragingsoul
Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:23 pm

Progressing in SSC and TK, upgrades?

hi,
my guild is progressing is SSC (2) and TK (1) at the moment, we have ZA cleared. (we 1 shoted rage whinterchill also last week)
up untill now, I did a lot of heroics and little raids, and had no problem to MT.

I twink my gear the best way I could, I found that 50% avoidance and 300 BV is enough for mana regen and threat generation. I have no problem tanking the adds at morigrim for exemple, and normaly don't go oom (well, I have to tank both romeo and juilliet in kara to have enough heal acctualy with this gear, so i downgrade normaly ).

I'm still trying to get the mgt trinket, but no luck in like 20 runs. I hate this place now.

So my question is, what can I upgrade?? I want the T5 gloves, which will give 3% more block rating, but I don't know when we are gonna down the boss.
and since I'm playing with defense and uncrush values, I don't have much space for upgrades, whithout downgrading some other items.

here is my armory
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning%20Steppes&n=Ragingsoul
14.5k hp
21.4% dodge
17.1% parry
512 def

what can I take, to stay at about 50% avoidance, to increase my stamina, but not decrease my spell dmg or threat?

I found out with TankadinTPS (thx a lot for this mod btw) that seal of Right. does more threat than holy shied or concerations, and even more with some expertise and hit rating (also a lot cheaper in terms of mana). my guild in impressed with the TPS I can make, making me the best tankadin in the guild, with well balanced hp, threat and avoicance stats.

I would like to take as much tanking gear as possible, but we use the EP GP system, and if I'm gonna take more loots, I will never be about to get the real upgrades I really need.

So help me please Smile. I read for I don't know how many hours on this site or others about everything, but now I'm stuck.
Ragingsoul
Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:12 pm
ok, thx for the tip.
but what can I upgrate to tank in BT for exemple? or am I ok?

I made this thread to know what upgrates I should take to be ready for BT, since we are clearing SSC pretty fast, we are 4/6 now, only leo and lady left, but we never tryed them yet, it's for next week, gives time to people to read tactics.
Solarion
Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:37 pm
Your current gear will let you aoe tank in Hyjal trash without much problem, and do the first few bosses in each T6 instance as well. I tanked Bloodboil this week and my gear is not a huge amount better than yours.

However, Shard of Contempt is not a good tanking trinket. Attack power is useless for paladin tanks - get something else.