Skip to content
Maintankadin

Gear Advice

Solarion
Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:53 pm
Your avoidance and threat look good for that level. However, you could use more stamina.

I recommend upgrading all your +9 gems to +12 gems and get 150 hp on your chest. If possible, pick up a stamina trinket as well. Enchant stam on your bracers too, and swap your meta for the +18 stam one.

edit: with your current setup you would probably be able to go as far as Curator without much problems if you have a competent OT with you. After that, your somewhat low unbuffed HP will become noticable.
Ulushnar
Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:03 am
Eh no. I like my high horse, it's comfy. I've never seen a good tank use green gems in raiding gear. I have however seen plenty of crap ones do so.

The whole "gear don't make the tank the skill does" is pretty much BS. I've watched people with no Prot experience borrow a friends toon and tank hyjal waves. That's how much "skill" we require.
_________________
I don't wish to come across as surly or mean-spirited, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
Armory : Gear Advice
Ulushnar
Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:32 am
I could be cheap and say something like "about as hard as saying something grammatically correct for you" but I'm already bored of this.

In summation: You think acting as a charity for your guildies is more important that being the best tank you can be for them. I disagree and come from a group of people who expect everyone to look after their own gemming/enchanting needs.

You think playing a Tankadin involves a lot of skill, whereas I find more skill in tuning my gear to the content I'm facing than monitoring the same handful of cooldowns.

Apart from that, your gear's fine for most of the crap in Kara short of the real heavy-hitters.

You may now have what I'm sure will be an oh-so-pithy last word.
_________________
I don't wish to come across as surly or mean-spirited, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
Armory : Gear Advice