Skip to content
Maintankadin

Comparing Sets!!

Virgo
Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:34 am
What do u suggest Ulsu???
My avoidance is border line atm, sitting at 103.1... I do have Badge boots, which would increase stam and spell dmg, but i would lose on avoidance.
I ve been trying to get Shield from Janlai, which would increase block to apoint where i could free up some gems and resocket w more parry or dodge... Is that the wa i should go??
As far as spell damage goes w wizard oil on I havent had any threat/aggro problems yet.

Thanks
_________________
Ulushnar
Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:41 am
By Avoidance i mean block/parry/dodge purely, not uncrushability.

My MT gear's at about the same level as yours, so check it out for some ideas. Generally, I prefer having one avoidance trinket and one stamina trinket, since the Avoidance trinket will normally give me an emergency button that can save your life in a boss fight.

As for specific ideas, well i generally expect someone who's tanking at that level to have a decent idea of what they're doing. what do you feel your weaknesses are? Why are you asking for a checkup?
_________________
I don't wish to come across as surly or mean-spirited, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
Armory : Gear Advice
Virgo
Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:52 am
Well, I havent been tanking in BT for that long. It s been a couple of weeks actualy. The sole purpose of doing a check up of my gear was to see if I was going the right direction thats all.
As for weakeness, threat hasnt been an issue really. But then again, I can always improve that, especialy single target threat i would say.
As for a emergency trinket you are right, I dont have any atm. I thought about getting the badge one, is that a good choice?
I m not that experienced, so there are lots of things I m still new at.
Feel free to throw any suggestions.
Thanks
_________________
Ulushnar
Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:58 am
The Badge trinket's good for AoE tanking, but it isn't great as an oh crap button on anything that hits hard (like Teron Gorefiend), I'd reccomend Moroe's Lucky Pocket Watch (the best), the Scarab of Displacement or even the Ancient Aqir Artifact.

If you're worried about single-target threat, then get the 2% threat enchant on your gloves. It makes a noticeable difference.

Basically in BT, it's a good idea to get around 55% Avoidance in your MT gear. It'll make your healer's life much easier.
_________________
I don't wish to come across as surly or mean-spirited, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
Armory : Gear Advice
Virgo
Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:03 am
Damm, I passed on that Moroes trinket the other nite... I didnt think it was that big of a deal ... Noob mistake.
Do u think it would a good idea to replace the 15def on cloak to 12 dodge??? I ve been wondering about that. I saw you gear and u have a shit load of dodge...Thats nice.
Also, I ll try the threat ench on gloves.

Thanks again!
_________________
Virgo
Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:17 am
What about the hit rating gems I have on, do u think they are worth having or should i replace that w something else??
I know my hit rat is low, but i d say my spell damage would be more important than hit rat right?
_________________