Skip to content
Maintankadin

Guardian's Alchemist Stone

Palabrewtis
Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:18 pm

Guardian's Alchemist Stone

I'm surprised I haven't seen many posts about this http://www.wowhead.com/?item=35748 particular trinket. I know it's listed as one of the better avoidance trinkets on Questioner's tanking list and I'm only about 8 primal airs away from being able to make it.

I've been running Kara since the beginning of time and I've only seen the trinket from Moroes drop one time. So I started collecting mats thinking that this trinket could be a better alternative. My armory lite is listed below so you can see what I currently have. My guild takes me to SSC/TK/Hijal mostly.

http://armorylite.com/us/Thorium+Brotherhood/Palabrewtis

I usually replace the Darkmoon Card with http://www.wowhead.com/?item=27891 when I'm not in Kara or Heroics for the extra avoidance and uncrushability. With this trinket though I'd probably be looking at making it a more permanent substitution and replace all my defensive gems with +12/15 stamina gems.

I'm curious what you guys think about my game plan here. Am I crazy for collecting all the mats for this thing?
_________________
moduspwnens
Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:26 pm
No, you're not crazy. It's basically the best resistance set trinket even if you decide against using it in your normal rotation. I'm also a fan of using trinkets and enchantments to get where you need with defense, and gemming for stamina, so you're pretty much doing what I recommend to people.

Your gems aren't even bad, though. Looks like you use stamina ones when you can, and when the socket bonus is stamina, you use a X + Stam one to meet the socket bonus for extra stats. Your enchantments are good, your spec is good, and you seem knowledgeable. You'll be perfect as soon as you fix your glove enchantment. :)

You're 0.44% from uncrushable, but that's probably covered by Kings.
_________________
Stormreaver US

Modus | Governor
Palabrewtis
Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:46 pm
Haha yeah my glove enchant sucks lol. I've been meaning to do something about it, but I keep forgetting. Thanks for the reminder Wink

Kings puts me just at uncrushable with that particular setup. Tankadin says 0.00% in the green Razz

I guess I'm just at a point where I really need to get gear from better places. So, I'll probably make this thing after I gather the last of the mats, and go enchant my gloves. Then cross my fingers and hope I get something useful from an instance.

Do you suggest the 2% Threat or 240 Armor enchant at my gear level? I was thinking armor, agi or the 10 stam. Then if I ever get T5 I can put threat on those.
_________________
moduspwnens
Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:38 pm
I've always used Threat. It's not really a huge deal, but it is nice to have a slot with three perfectly viable enchantments: Threat, Armor, and Avoidance (15 Agility). It's your call, really.
_________________
Stormreaver US

Modus | Governor