Skip to content
Maintankadin

Not allowed to MT

2ndNin
Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:24 am

Not allowed to MT

Ok, at the moment my gear is something like what is in my armoury (have Pepe's, all badge gear if I need it, access to epic gems if needed and the Scarab of Displacement), rings and suchlike I am lacking options on but have 7th ring, kara etc.

However at the moment I am not allowed to MT content at all in BT Sad. Is there something wrong with my gear, and what should I be aiming to do to fix it.
_________________
Ahh, but you have heard of me.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria
moduspwnens
Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:48 am
You should absolutely be allowed to MT RoS phase 3, and be one of the three main tanks for Gurtogg. You should also have the ZA or Illidari Runeshield.

If you have an equally geared warrior available (Bloodspiller?), though, there's not much in BT that needs a Paladin tank, so you're probably gonna offtanking. Don't blame your guild, though, it's really Blizzard's fault for designing it that way, imo.
_________________
Stormreaver US

Modus | Governor
2ndNin
Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:30 am
Have 3 equally geared warriors. and I prefer the gruul shield to my za ones (got 2 for block sets).

Just seems strange to me there is an attitude of "go tank trash pally tank", when I know I could 1 tank the trash, and easily do the non-multi-tank bosses.
_________________
Ahh, but you have heard of me.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria
Tyaera
Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:55 am
Paladins can tank bosses quite easily.

We are not the best choice when there is an equally geared warrior around.

This applies to most bosses and is a fact. By t6 level, warriors generally have superior avoidance, comparable threat and comparable HP levels, again, assuming similar gear.

For example, look up Unwaxed and Tyaera on Dath'Remar. He's the main warrior tank of our guild, I'm the main paladin tank. We have access to the same level of gear, with the exception that my paladin boots and bracers haven't dropped from BT yet while the warrior boots and bracers have both dropped.

I quite often get the itch to main tank content, and I do it all the time, I main tank most bosses in BT on farm runs, as it allows him to do DPS and speeds up the run. But for progression content, it is just better to let the warrior do it.
_________________
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven