Skip to content
Maintankadin

Upgrade Path Suggestions

Alent
Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:55 pm

Upgrade Path Suggestions

My noobish goat paladin:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=kel%27thuzad&n=alent

So, I've been 70 a few weeks now and had a nice run of luck with tank drops... no maiden neck yet but I figure that'll either be soon or never. If I don't get it I'm not that far away from revered Cenarion and I can get that neck.

I have kind of a wierd raid progression available to me - I'm MTing kara, OT mag, am looking for a ZA group to OT for with the hope of getting 3 or maybe even 4 timed. I trash tank for an SSC run and have been invited to trash tank for TK runs, as well.

Problem: Several pieces of my gear are seriously lagging behind and I'm not sure what to upgrade to.

First question: I have T4 chest as an alternate threat gear piece. When should I be using it vs Panzar'thar?

Second question: What rings should I get? Considerations within reach are: 7th trash ring from TK. Mag ring. Tidewalker ring. Exalted kara ring. ZA 3 timed ring.

Third Question: Cape: Slikk's vs Devil shark vs Phoenix-wing? Which ones should I be more interested in getting?

My badge order is going to be Aldori legs -> Stoic guardian chest -> old or new badge boots.

From there I'm not sure what to get, badge gear wise.. suggestions on that, as well?
Alent
Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:44 am
I need more stam, my unbuffed hp feels dangerously low. A pinch more avoidance for uncrush couldn't hurt, either: I'd like to be uncrush w/o the BR libram. my tests in warcrafter show even though I could hit that w/o buffs with a few minor replacements to what I have, it seems like upgrading to the rest of the badge gear forces me to keep the BR libram... is this normal?
towelliee
Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:08 am
Definitely go for the Armani Punisher in ZA for almost 100 extra SD. I have seen this drop very frequently. Or also go for the S2 Gavel is your into PVP and want to grind for 3-4 days. ZA also gives you the Jungle Stompers off the Bear boss if your looking for an extreme stamina upgrade over your current boots. Or for more SD go with

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33523


By time you get the other Badge gear the chest and legs you will be fine. The 60 badges ring for dodge is also good. I think for 25 badges you can also get the Juggernaught neck piece...if thats your cup of tea.
_________________
Alent
Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:30 pm
All the ideas I'm seeing save one look good. I augment my +Damage w/ Weapon Oil, Greater arcane elixirs, +damage food and a pocket shammy's wrath of air totem so I'm not feeling that much threat pain right now... but I'm already swapping in my T4 chest any time I feel concerned about threat.

Alent
Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:05 pm
Ouch - I can appreciate that, my druid has two full tank sets, a set and a half of cat gear, And is a piece or two away from a full resto set and boomer set.