Skip to content
Maintankadin

Another "Am I ready for heroics?" thread + twist

Fayelyn
Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:37 pm

Another "Am I ready for heroics?" thread + twist

First of all, my armory:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Drenden&n=Fayelyn

For the most part I feel I'm ready (mostly because normals feel so trivial now), though I'd like to get the shoulders out of Bot first.

There's a twist though, and that twist is I only run instances with my priest guildmate:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Drenden&n=Erato

He and I are not sure if he's ready for a heroic, and though this seems like an odd place to ask, I think you esteemed gents could help me figure out if we have achieved that important balance between tank and healer gear/stats that would allow us to run a heroic with little problems.

So what do you think?

And thanks in advance for any replies.

Edit: Also I should mention that after one more night of dailies I'll be exalted with the SSO, so I'll be in possession of that beautiful shield.
ldeboer
Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:33 pm
You are fine hit them ..

You will need cc you don't have the native gear to "tank them all" but shouldn't cause you too much stress ... start with the easy ones H-SP etc.

You should also be hitting kara you can definitely MT lower kara and OT the whole way.
_________________
ShaiHulud
Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:37 am
Your HP is good but your avoidance is really low. I was uncrushable/uncritable with 12k health before having any epics/entering kara. Keep working at it. As far as heroics I'd find a geared healer that won't mind spamming you and definately start off with the easier ones. SP, UB and the ones that don't hit hard. Steer clear of Ramps, mech etc for now.
_________________

Fayelyn
Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:25 pm
I have an avoidance set where I'm about 7% away from uncrushable.

Unfortunately in that set I'm at about 11k HP and ~250 spell damage.

So it's a rather massive trade off. I logged off in that gear so the armory should reflect that shortly.
gmf1
Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:38 am
Mechs not hard i did it without a lock and with no ranged dps Smile only wiped 7 times Smile and i even soloed the chick with the flame elementals from 10% omg that was epic. My first heroic too. (next time i will listen and do one of the EASY ones)
_________________