Skip to content
Maintankadin

Leveling - what to shoot for?

Bludgeon
Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:28 pm

Leveling - what to shoot for?

Hiya folks!

What would you recommend for leveling? I've been going the str/sta route so far with the best dps weapon I can find. I was looking here for a leveling thread but haven't found one yet.

I know I'm spec'd Ret atm, but I think it's better for killing quick and leveling up. Think I will respec around 40, maybe 58ish to Prot. I really want to try to be a tank. Most days LFG on my main (shadow priest) we are waiting for a tank or healer.
_________________
Barathorn
Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:25 am
Strength, Stamina and if its about, spell damage until level 58 and Outland really. Then it all changes from 58-69 and then again at 70.

And yes, as a Tank, you are always in demand. This in itself isn't always a good thing if your playtime is limited, but is a good thing for instances Smile

Barathorn
_________________


'Don't mind Guillex, he thinks he's Dorvan' - Lore at his best March 2008.

http://armorylite.com/eu/Aerie+Peak/Barathorn
Bludgeon
Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:50 am
Thanks, I am really enjoying leveling my Paladin now. Especially since I just found out about Seal of Justice. Judging it takes care of 1 of the 2 issues I had with Paladins.

Shows what a little research will do for you! =)
_________________
Kathane
Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:34 am
For leveling, particularly AOE grinding, I found INT > STR for me. Bigger mana pool = more time you can keep light up w/o having to worry about wisdom.
_________________
Shoju
Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:38 am
I tried to get as much eagle gear as I could once I got Seal of Light and Wisdom. Then I got me a good blue shield (and eventually a Skullflame) Slapped me a Shield Spike on it, and went to AoE Town. I didn't try to get 'caster' stats on my weapons, but I only used 2 weapons from 30-60

Sword of Omen + Crusader
Axe of Rin'ji + Crusader

I used 2(3) shields from 39 to outland

Scarlet SHield
Skullfalme
(I had the spinny shield from maura for a couple of levels in between)

I also had a 70 while I was leveling, so I got the best gear that I could, and could shop ahead of time. I stepped into a full set of sorcerer plate and spell damage mace at 57 to move to outland (cept shield).

other notable long lasting items:

epic lvl 40 avoidance boots. (they were on the AH for 35g!!!!!!!)
Spell Damage neck and rings.

I had ring of power, q. reward ring from ashenvale, and jade pendants of blasting. every little bit helped.

Really tho? It's trivial content. You can do it in anything. I have a lvl40 space goat shaman. to prove a point to a friend of mine, I TANKED SM: Cath, Ulda, and RFD at 40 to prove that it could be done. (I know a little higher than need be, but I was in all mail, specc'd elemental, and PLOWED through it)

Point is, get to outland and get spell damage plate, roll your face accross holy shield righteousness and consecrate and profit.
_________________

Bludgeon
Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:55 am
Thank you, your input is most appreciated!
_________________
Bludgeon
Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:27 pm
Ooh ooh, I got a chance to tank Scarlet Monastery's Graveyard today as a 29 Ret. I did very well, love that threat. I was using the Stalvan quest reward axe Crescent of Forlorn Spirits plus Resplendent Guardian. The only downside was mana. I was drinking after almost every pull with the consecrate spam. But it was loads of fun!
_________________
Bludgeon
Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:05 pm
Just tanked a whole run through Gnomergan. Gods that was fun. Finished like 9 quests in a few hours.
_________________