Skip to content
Maintankadin

Pauldrons of Perseverance vs. Thalassian Defender

Atreidies
Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:58 am

Pauldrons of Perseverance vs. Thalassian Defender

I believe I recall seeing the Spaulders of the Thalassian Defender paired up against current T6 shoulders pop up in some thread hereabouts, but I'd like to hear some opinions on these two based upon preferences and experience now that there are alot more paladins tanking through KJ.

At the moment, I have my Pauldrons enchanted with Fortitude of the Scourge, an Enduring Seaspray and a 15 stam Sapphire, Thalassian Defender with the Aldor exalted enchant and a 10 Dodge/15 Stam gem, but the Sapphiron enchant is likely to get replaced soon for the Aldor enchant.

Personally I don't think outside of a threat set I would ever really wear Thalassian Defender, and that's based on the threat output increase I have seen from block rating becoming useful to me again. That combined with closing the gap MUCH easier for Twins, I cannot really see the reasoning with grabbing Thalassian Defender over these, currently I have both and I'm hoping for someone to dissuade me from using Perseverance. Go!

Pauldrons of Perseverance
vs.
Spaulders of the Thalassian Defender
_________________

Worldie
Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:02 pm
I don't see why you'd prefer the warrior ones over the paladin ones. They just got slighly more BV.... and some block rating? Neutral
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club
Worldie
Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:05 pm
I am 2% off uncrushable in my regular set, that doesnt include any debuff on the bosses Oo

I'm sunwell uncrushable in my sunwell set, with pvp trinket on.


So i don't see this necessity for block rating.
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club
Atreidies
Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:22 pm
So you're wearing 2 rings that give almost 8% block together? I think that's what I am stabbing at here, except you can gain avoidance in other slots as well by slapping on shoulders with more than 4% block alone instead of wearing shoulders that drop avoidance.

Assuming you replace your neck/cloak you're going to drop avoidance there to gain stam/expertise and the shield as well basically makes up the difference from wearing those 2 rings assuming you wear Pauldrons.
_________________