Skip to content
Maintankadin

Ring dilemma

Rhiannon
Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:55 pm

Ring dilemma

Sorry if this has been beaten out before, a quick search didn't throw up any obvious results. I just picked up my exalted Hyjal ring and am trying to figure out what sets to put it in, if at all.

My previous options for main-tanking hard hitters were the Ring of Sundered Souls with the Ring of the Stalwart Protector, and I'm wondering if the Band of the Eternal Defender will really replace either of these in that situation. It looks a lot more useful to a warrior to be honest, 44 sbv representing a decent chunk of threat I guess.

Vs sundered souls - I don't really think the mitigation from the SBV really compensates for the loss of ~1% avoidance.

Vs stalwart protector - I'd love to see some numbers comparing 44 SBV and 392 armor if someone could be so kind - I'm hovering around the 19.5k armor mark against a hard hitter.

As far as the proc is concerned - it over-writing scrolls of protection seems a major downer - 800 extra armor for 10 seconds every minute or so (if what I've read on wowhead comments is accurate) vs the option of 300 constant armor doesn't seem that great.
_________________
BluTrigger
Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:09 pm
This kinda reminds me of the classic avoidance v effective health for tanking

I'd say to for sure keep the 60 badge ring for sure bc it has a REALLY nice balance of the 2. I'd say go with you've found better works with your play style (SSC for the avoidance or MH ring for EH). The SBV granted is more for our warr buddies, but the mitigation from it out weighs the stam difference of the 2. The proc is really nice, but a lot of people don't like to use many procs in their gear bc of the unreliability in them. Personally I'd go with the Hyjal+badge combo, but DEFINITELY keep the SSC ring in my bag (as I never like vendoring tank gear) to switch out for situations that call for more avoidance or if ur doing any resist tanking (using a combo of SSC with the appropriate resistance ring).
_________________
FearsWarden of <One Shot> Draenor -- 70 HU Tankadin

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&n=Fearswarden
Worldie
Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:37 pm
Eternal defender + Stalwart protector for aoetanking.

Stalwart protector + Sundered souls for bosses.

That's about it. The badge ring is REALLY worth the 60 badges. The ring of sundered souls is a excellent ring which has crappy droprate, i had the luck of picking the only one which dropped in our guild and still use it in sunwell Smile
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club
Sarkan-ZdC
Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:08 am
*[Band of the Eternal Defender] - +800 AC for 10s, 3% on being hit, ~60s CD

Now, if you get hit a LOT (Hyjal anyone?) you'll see it proc.

For a Boss (slow and hard) not that good.