Skip to content
Maintankadin

Defense Issue AGAIN. Resilience Involved

towelliee
Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:49 am

Defense Issue AGAIN. Resilience Involved

I currently have http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29323 and the Violet Signet from Kara.

After 4 badges tonight I will have:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34888 Which will replace Tear and give me 450 more health more as a pally probably.

Now this is my Armory Link

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Detheroc&n=Towelliee

I have 488 Defense right now. I assume due ot the Resilience on my shield I am still uncrushable but I don't know. If I take out the Tear Ring and put the new Badge Gear Ring in which would put me at 24% dodge. My defense looks to fall to 483. Am I still ok? Or should I consider switching the Meta Socket on my Helm to Defense Rating?
_________________
jere
Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:16 am
I assume you mean uncrittable rather than uncrushable. Defense and resilience have nothing to do with uncrushable specifically.

For uncrittable, simply go to your characters sheet, and find out how much your defense reduces your chance to be crit. Then find out how much your resilience reduces your chance to be crit (both are in tooltips). Add those two numbers together. If they equal 5.6% or more, you are uncrittable.
_________________
towelliee
Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:31 am
so will i be uncrushable?
_________________
towelliee
Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:29 pm
I honestly still dont understand Sad

I was thinking of mixing the TEAR and the New badge loot ring

I am down to 481 but My dodge is almost 24% so which should I combine?
_________________
Zalaria
Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:10 am
As long as you stay uncrittable and uncrushable, it's mostly personal preference as to whether you want the higher dodge.

If you're having trouble doing the math yourself, you can use the calculator in the Tankpoints mod (once installed, type /tp calc ) to enter stats and see what your hit table looks like. If the crit% is anything but zero, you absolutely must fix that first with defense or resilience. When that's zero, hit Holy Shield, and if Crushing% is anything but zero, fix that with defense/block/dodge/parry while keeping the crit% at 0.

When those are both zero, any other changes you make are personal preference.
_________________
Zalaria
Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:49 am
Check what I said against what you see, and you should be able to answer your own question Smile



(I'm not trying to be mean, this is something you need to know how to do.)
_________________
fuzzygeek
Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:04 am
Crit check macro:
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Crit check; this number needs to be negative:",0.8,0.8,1)
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(2.6-(GetCombatRatingBonus(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)*.04+GetCombatRatingBonus(CR_CRIT_TAKEN_MELEE)),1,0.5,0)


Crush check macro:
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combined avoidance. Currently at:",0.8,0.8,1)
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance() + GetParryChance() +5+(GetCombatRatingBonus(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL) + 20)*0.04,1,0.5,0)

On your tankpoints screen shot
Crit% = 0.00
Crush% = 0.00

That's good.
_________________
moduspwnens
Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:21 pm
...it's really as simple as hovering over defense and resilience and seeing if the numbers add up to 5.6% or not.
_________________
Stormreaver US

Modus | Governor