Skip to content
Maintankadin

Which cloak do you prefer?

superworm
Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:14 pm

Which cloak do you prefer?

Currently I have excess to these 3 cloaks (copied from the sticky):

#1 Pepe's Shroud of Pacification - Hyjal Trash
#2 Slikk's Cloak of Placation - 35 Badge of Justice
#3 Phoenix-Wing Cloak - Al'ar, Tempest Keep

I've been using #3 since I got it as it looks cool, but after serious consideration I found #2 may be better? 238 armor looks so nice imo. And #1 sucks for us right?
Candiru
Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:55 am
I use #2 all the time.

I picked up a #1 for free with the intention of enchanting +15fire resist on it for rearranging my illidan set, but I never got around to it!
_________________
Sarkan-ZdC
Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:55 am
I got all 3.

1) +12 Def = TPS Set
2) +120 Armor = Boss Set
3) +12 Dodge = Avoidance Set
Teyrocar
Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:02 am
Slikk's Cloak of Placation FTW.
_________________
somegaijin42
Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:42 am
I got #1 and #3 for next-to-no DKP, so I saved the badges on #2, and bought gems instead.
_________________
Lieris
Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:08 am
Slikk's all the way. I wish there was a direct "sequel" to it Sad
_________________

Sarkan-ZdC
Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:22 am
For Resistance I usually take a Cape that is allready loaded with the Resistance I want and then I enchant it with a +15 Resist enchantment.

Anyhow, nobody wanted it, even our Off-Warriors have it, so I took it just in case.

But anyhow, more than one Cape helps a ton, just because of the different (and useful!) enchants.
Worldie
Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:28 am
Actually once on wow boards a warrior tried to flame me for my "crap enchant" on slikk. I was happy he got pwnd back from the community, at least not everyone is clueless.

Seriously, 120 armor is great, i want Felmyst gloves just to put 240 armor on them as well.
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club
shade
Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:10 am
i use pepe's for tanking and slikk's for various res sets
_________________
One to be born from a Dragon.....
moduspwnens
Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:24 am
If I've done my math correctly, versus a level 73 attacker:

The armor shown on my armory is 19406. This gives me 61.87% DR. With 120 Armor to cloak (assuming it isn't affected by Toughness, as the glove enchantment is not), I would have 19526 armor, and 62.01% DR. This comes out to a difference of 0.15%, or 15 damage from a 10k hit. Now, let's assume I pop an Ironshield Potion (+2500 Armor). Without the cloak enchantment, I now have 21906 Armor, and with it, I have 22026. The DR without it is 64.68%, and with it is 64.81%, a difference of 0.12%. However, let's take it even a step further:

Let's say I pop an Ironshield Potion, and I'm tanking Brutallus, and lucked out with both Ancestral Fortitude and Inspiration, which each increase armor value by 25% (but not on each other). Assuming the Ironshield Potion is NOT affected by it (not sure), and the cloak enchantment is (also not sure), this gives me 31609 armor (72.55% DR) without the cloak enchantment, and 31789 armor (72.66% DR) with the cloak enchantment. This is a difference of 0.11% DR.

So, at most 120 armor would net me 0.15% DR, but more likely less with buffs as armor increases. Eh, I suppose it's personal preference, but I'd rather have 0.63% dodge. Superior agility to gloves offers slightly more dodge (0.66%), and 240 armor to gloves would offer me at most 0.29% DR, also scaling downward.
_________________
Stormreaver US

Modus | Governor
jere
Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:54 am
If I had to guess, Modus, I would guess that Ancestral Fortitude and like multipliers don't multiply the enchant, so it would probably be a flat increase. I know toughness doesn't affect enchants at all, so I would imagine other multipliers are the same.
_________________