yappo wrote:The main problem I see with the failsafe gear (as listed from PTR-sources), is that it seems to be mostly avoidance/avoidance and avoidance/threat.
That's a good point. I suspect I am close to a maxed out failsafe tank (although I am now actually wearing a couple of Firelands drops) and I am just about block capped (need 2 mastery trinkets for it). I'm almost indifferent now between avoidance/mastery gear and other stuff, so I will pretty much just look at ilevel henceforth. However I still prefer mastery gear for the greater flexibility it gives when re-adjusting to some new piece of loot.
I suspect the implication of what you say is that failsafe tanks, unlike dedicated raiders, will still need to worry about being block capped in 4.3. Which I actually find fun - stacking stamina is such a boring gearing strategy; trying to do it while jiggling block cap (and threat caps maybe in future with active mitigation) is more interesting.
