Skip to content
Maintankadin

Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests Here)

Jadhzia
Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:37 pm

Re: Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests H

Lastwolf wrote:aren't the other enchants alot more expensive ? blackrock is only 3 temp crystals, the rest are like 15, only shattered hand is cheaper and it's quite a bit worse.


If I remember correctly, the Bonus Armor and Spirit enchants were also very expensive at first, but the prices were lowered a few weeks ago, without any nerf.
Boèndal
Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:33 am

Re: Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests H

The Armor Proc actually got buffed to proc "earlier" at 60% instead of 50% health. I went with Blackrock not cause it was the cheapest i considered, but i had ruled out haste for me since i was going for cm golds and it was between armor and crit. I figured the crit enchant is more of a raid one where you can get its benefit even while not tanking or triggering a special health %.
MasterNewt
Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:59 pm

Re: Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests H

What would you pick:

RING 1
ilvl685
84 haste
116 bonus armor

RING 2
ilvl686
109 versatility
100 bonus armor
socket

Thank you for helping me make this painful decision. :)
theckhd
Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:49 am

Re: Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests H

Probably haste/BA, though they're likely so close that it's not a big deal which you choose.
Berelyte
Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:40 pm

Re: Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests H

Been arguing with myself recently about some gear that's fallen in my lap (or on my head, as it were.)

Mythic Casque of the Iron Bomber (Haste/Vers) or Heroic Tier Helmet (Crit/Mastery)?
Quietmode
Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:37 pm

Re: Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests H

Berelyte wrote:Been arguing with myself recently about some gear that's fallen in my lap (or on my head, as it were.)

Mythic Casque of the Iron Bomber (Haste/Vers) or Heroic Tier Helmet (Crit/Mastery)?



In my spreadsheet to compare things I rank Mythic Casque highter than heroic helm.

My spreadsheet really only compares Heroic BRF with Mythic Highmaul gear though since I'm not in a top progresion guild so mythic BRf gear is kind of out of reach at the moment =p

With just Mythic HM and Heroic BRF, you would want 4pc set with everything but the helm. If you are counting Mythic BRF, you would do everything but the leg for 4pc.

If the helm would give you 2pc though, 100% go for the helm since our 2pc is pretty awesome. 4pc is ok
Nimaothar
Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:20 am

Re: Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests H

Three questions: (Note that our guild is 6/7 HM, 4/10 BRF Normal now that Flamebender is dead, so much target switching...but I digress)

1. Debating about what crafted gear to take to 680. Should have Kagraz on farm now that we have the mechanics down, and Kromog should be following shortly after once we get a "hand"le on the fight (ok, bad joke). Is it worth it to upgrade my chestpiece in the meantime or just the shoulders for now (after I use the stacks of ore lying around to reroll both it and the chest to haste/mastery instead of crit?

2. Picked up the Tablet off of Hans and Frans last week, but not a huge fan of on use trinkets. Is it really better to use than a 680 Knight's Badge? AMR is suggesting that its better for me to craft the helm instead and use the crafted belt once I have set chest or shoulders.

3. So with the loss of alabaster shield, debating about what the third glyph is best for me to use? Part of me is thinking replacing one DPS glyph with another via Focused Shield, but the healing buffs from glyph of divine shield could be quite nice as well (another spell I need to put into my rotation and use more regularly, I honestly keep forgetting about it).

I would load my armory but I forgot I logged out in ret, apologies.

Thanks for your thoughts.
honorshammer
Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:28 pm

Re: Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests H

Nimaothar wrote:Three questions: (Note that our guild is 6/7 HM, 4/10 BRF Normal now that Flamebender is dead, so much target switching...but I digress)

1. Debating about what crafted gear to take to 680. Should have Kagraz on farm now that we have the mechanics down, and Kromog should be following shortly after once we get a "hand"le on the fight (ok, bad joke). Is it worth it to upgrade my chestpiece in the meantime or just the shoulders for now (after I use the stacks of ore lying around to reroll both it and the chest to haste/mastery instead of crit?

2. Picked up the Tablet off of Hans and Frans last week, but not a huge fan of on use trinkets. Is it really better to use than a 680 Knight's Badge? AMR is suggesting that its better for me to craft the helm instead and use the crafted belt once I have set chest or shoulders.

3. So with the loss of alabaster shield, debating about what the third glyph is best for me to use? Part of me is thinking replacing one DPS glyph with another via Focused Shield, but the healing buffs from glyph of divine shield could be quite nice as well (another spell I need to put into my rotation and use more regularly, I honestly keep forgetting about it).

I would load my armory but I forgot I logged out in ret, apologies.

Thanks for your thoughts.


I've been going Divine Protection, Consecrator and Focused Shield. I change Consecrator to Consecration and Focused Shield to Final Wrath for Beast Lord and the Train (Thogar? Don't have that one down yet).
MasterNewt
Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:26 am

Re: Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests H

I'm at a big gearing dilemma.

Here are the options I have and I can't establish the proper combo to get the best use of them.

SHOULDERS:

Pauldrons of Guiding Light
Heroic (ilvl 680)
133 crit
133 haste

Unstable Slag Shoulderpads
Mythic (695)
171 haste
124 versatility

CHEST:

Battleplate of Guiding Light
Heroic (ilvl 680)
156 haste
190 mastery

Chestplate of Arcane Volatility
Mythic Warforged (ilvl 691)
208 haste
177 multistrike

GLOVES:

Gauntlets of Guiding Light
Heroic (ilvl 680)
133 haste
133 multistrike

Flamefury Gauntlets
Heroic Warforged (ilvl 686)
117 haste
155 mastery
120 leech
+ socket

So - I also have the tier helmet. My option 1 is to ditch all high ilvl items, use all tier pieces I have an go for 4 piece bonus (at ilvl 680). Or I go for 2 piece bonus, at which case I am confused which of these would best be dropped to use tier piece instead. I use Holy Shield on 2 fights in BRF, I run with Seraphim (and usually DP) on most fights and I think I'll just stick with EmpS for Blackhand ... so yeah, haste, mastery, need it all I guess?

Thank you in advance for your help!
honorshammer
Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:59 pm

Re: Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests H

MasterNewt wrote:I'm at a big gearing dilemma.

So - I also have the tier helmet. My option 1 is to ditch all high ilvl items, use all tier pieces I have an go for 4 piece bonus (at ilvl 680). Or I go for 2 piece bonus, at which case I am confused which of these would best be dropped to use tier piece instead. I use Holy Shield on 2 fights in BRF, I run with Seraphim (and usually DP) on most fights and I think I'll just stick with EmpS for Blackhand ... so yeah, haste, mastery, need it all I guess?

Thank you in advance for your help!



This is from Theck's blog:

The set bonuses are strong enough to make up for the loss of 5 ilvls in four slots if you’re using Holy Shield, so grabbing four pieces of heroic tier gear is a no-brainer. With Seraphim the story is a little different. Downgrading to pick up the two-piece improves survivability, although the improvement in DPS is minimal. The four-piece bonus doesn’t quite make up for the ilvl loss though, and comes with a heftier DPS cost. So it’s worth downgrading to get the 2-piece bonus if you run Seraphim, but I would wait to pick up the 4-piece until you get at least a sidegrade in base item power, like a heroic warforged or socketed tier piece. http://www.sacredduty.net/2015/02/23/pa ... rotection/
MasterNewt
Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:18 pm

Re: Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests H

Hello again.

I am torn as to how valuable BA is compared to mastery.

I have heroic BA/mastery on proc with socket trinket from Furnace and a mythic warforged Mastery/BA on use trinket from Hanz&Franz. On a mobile device here, so can't provide exact numbers, but I suppose in a 685 vs 706 ilvl, the higher ilvl wins, regardless of extra 50 haste in socket?

I would use both, but I feel kind of squishy without the Pillar.

Thanks for your help.
MasterNewt
Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:18 am

Re: Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests H

Schroom wrote:what is in your other slot? also this might help: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/163 ... st32811778


For the most of BRF I have been using Pillar (mythic, with socket) in the other trinket slot. I'd change it out, but I feel at least some bosses still put a serious dent in my health and we are just starting mythic progress. Thanks!
Schroom
Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:39 pm

Re: Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests H

Pillar / furnace door is my go to for new mythic encounters until I figure them out and decide sth else might bring us an advantage. ToTT is a good trinket, in fact it is amazing to push some DPS, but it isn't as great for raw survivability as in example the pillar. stamina is jsut so good, especially if you don't know the fight well enough yet.

I only use ToTT in combination with BFD in order to push some DPS on encounters I don't need as much survivability, usually with HA + Sera like Flamebender Mythic in example. Burst spikes of > 100k DPS are pretty common then :P

but maybe if you name the Bosses that bother you? the mechanic that frags you, or just logs where you point out what exactly bothers you could help. (but maybe in an other subforum suited for it :) )

also mind that it is still mythic, some Bosses will just hurt like hell. (kromog for example) here you just need to survive basically. that's it.
MasterNewt
Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:43 pm

Re: Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests H

Thanks for the replies Schroom.

About using Pillar trinket - I wouldn't be able to pinpoint specific bosses where I feel I still need the Pillar purely because survivability. I simply use it all the time, since I sense a lot bosses that are now on farm, can still punch me in the face with their special attack, followed immeditelly with a melee attack and dip my HP so low that the healers can't respond fast enough before another melee comes crashing me down.

If I'd have to single out specific bosses where I wouldn't even consider going in without the pillar is Blackhand, maybe Iron Maidens because of that final phase damage increase (I tank Sorka) and Kromog, mostly because of the situation I mentioned above: 2 stacks of debuff > Slam > melee > Fist > Release Spirit.

Please understand that we are a guild that is far from top percentile in play performance. I know our healing team isn't as strong as we'd want, so there's that much responsibility left on the tanks. Tanking alongside a DK, further emphasizes paladin weaknesses, since he can basically go full DPS and still easily survive everything even by forgoing use of regular CDs, while I still need to operate on a near perfect, over 50% Seraphim rotation, using CDs regularly and hoping that a little additional luck allows me to survive a fight we have on farm for weeks now.

To get back to trinkets - I stick to the Pillar for the above reasons, where I might not need it for TMI, but I still feel like that those few moments, when it comes handy, it saves from a wipe since I'd simply be ran over (healers moving, not reacting fast enough or my adorable ShotR not available when that hit comes).

I only got a little confused what to use for 2nd trinket once I got mythic ToTT from the BRF mission. I loved using the heroic ilvl Furnace Door with socket, but I think warforged mythic ToTT might be better after all, simply because of the ilvl budget. Or maybe even for heroic farm bosses so it adds a little dps.
Arjuna
Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:11 am

Re: Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests H

Is there a general list of trinket rankings somewhere?
MasterNewt
Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:01 am

Re: Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests H

Aside from the 19% haste to cap it with EmpS, is there any other reason I see well geared tanks enchanting and gemming mastery? I thought you'd still want as much haste as possible for Seraphim or Holy Shield fights? Thanks for info.
Schroom
Mon May 04, 2015 12:18 am

Re: Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests H

Arjuna wrote:Is there a general list of trinket rankings somewhere?

Theck posted the whole trinket comparison on MMO champion a while back, everything over several posts.

I recapped his simulations in my Blog http://www.afk-festival.de/t17-trinkets-mythichcnm-kombinationen/

although the text is in German, the sims are still readable for everyone I guess :)
Cio
Wed May 13, 2015 6:33 am

Re: Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests H

Hello, I am currently raiding in guild which has no chance to get above BRF Normal. So crafted items are very interesting for me, since I .I have all professions available and I can get every crafted gear to stage 4. Since I can choose only 3 crafted items, I don't know which to choose. Could you pls help me? Lets assume, that I have everywhere BiS for BRF Normal (+ Legendary quest ring).
Thanks four your advice!
Vouksh
Thu May 14, 2015 6:49 am

Re: Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests H

Cio wrote:Hello, I am currently raiding in guild which has no chance to get above BRF Normal. So crafted items are very interesting for me, since I .I have all professions available and I can get every crafted gear to stage 4. Since I can choose only 3 crafted items, I don't know which to choose. Could you pls help me? Lets assume, that I have everywhere BiS for BRF Normal (+ Legendary quest ring).
Thanks four your advice!


If heroic BRF is out of the question, then get the crafted shield. 675 shield w/ haste & mastery ("of the Feverflare" suffix). Another good slot to have crafted is your bracers, since there's not really a good haste/mastery bracer in BRF. And if heroic Highmaul is out of the question for you, then the boots would be another good slot.

And now for a question of my own. My guild is in heroic BRF (just got to 8/10 last night) and have no plans on going mythic. Last night, I, unfortunately, got the shield off of Kromog (http://www.wowdb.com/items/113926-kromo ... nusIDs=566) using my bonus roll, and I currently have the 4/4 upgraded crafted shield (http://www.wowdb.com/items/116647-steel ... c548%2c594). Is it worth it to lose the haste & mastery for 10 ilvls? AMR is telling me to use it, but I'm very hesitant. My armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/z ... ion/simple
Schroom
Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:15 am

Re: Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests H

if your choice is limited to those 3, the last two.

you should generally not need stamina.

so go for the trinkets that have the least amount of stamina and have more mitigation / DPS

unless of course you encounter a situation in progression where you say, damn it I need more stamina, then just use both stam trinkets.