Skip to content
Maintankadin

Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests Here)

Yimarra
Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:21 am
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Medivh&n=Yimarra

If you check it as soon as I post this....yeah, in my threat/farming gear atm. I am thinking about my next badge purchase. The only blues I have left in my main tanking set or my devilshark cape, arcatraz belt, righteous shoulders and CE rep neck. I was thinking about the belt, then cloak, then ring and libram last. I will eventually get unwavering legs along with some other peices for a full block set.

With my current full tanking set I am crushable but only .13~%. I do this mainly for my spell damage ring. I think the trade off is worth it for now.
_________________
Fixate
Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:05 am
My guild is currently progressing in SSC and soon to start in on TK. Most of the time we run with one warrior and a couple of paladin tanks; usually the warrior and I swap MT duties situationally. I'm pretty comfortable with my gear level, but always open to advice on potential upgrades or weaknesses. That said, does anyone have any thoughts? My armory profile should be accurate.
_________________
Linwe
Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:07 am
http://armorylite.com/us/Ravenholdt/linwe

I've just started tanking trash and adds in SSC. I'm wondering if its time for me to pick up the Belt of the Guardian. I'm at 105% or so avoidance, so I think I can pick up the belt and keep uncrushable, but I'm not totally sure - I'd like to double check before I buy the mats.

(Note: Dont mind the libram, I have the Libram of Repentance, just did not have it equipped when I logged out last).
_________________
Paracetamol
Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:13 am

to roll or not to roll..

I have a dilemma of whether or not to roll on Aldori Legacy Defender should Gruul be so kind as to drop it after two months of farming.

Currently I'm using Sunward Crest mainly because I was tired of seeing Azure Shield of Coldarra on myself and the two warrior tanks (who just recently went prot within the past two weeks or so). My problem is that I know Bulwark of the Amani Empire is probably a better shield for me than it is for the warriors, so they've already said they wouldn't roll me for that one. Oh and btw, Nightbane refuses to drop his.

If they're not rolling me for Bulwark, should I pass on ALD?
Defense isn't a problem, as you probably guessed since Sunward Crest has none, and i'm still uncrushable. Either would be a huge stam increase, but at this point I'm thinking of foregoing my MT rights on ALD and just waiting (again). I know this isn't a question often asked, but: Am I being too nice here? Would it make sense for me to roll on them *both* (that is of course assuming they both drop).