Skip to content
Maintankadin

All Things Mr. Robot!

theckhd
Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

The PTR talent calculator is still showing the old 4.1 version of Holy Shield for me (10% block for 20s when using SotR/Inq). I haven't seen any statement about them changing the new design, so I assume that wowhead just hasn't updated the talent calculators on their PTR site?
Flomper
Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:46 am

Mr robot / rawr

I have ran my toon through both programs and both r telling me different thinks . Not sure what one to use ? What do you guys use please . Also first post here so hi all. :D
KysenMurrin
Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:01 am

Re: Mr robot / rawr

I've never known Rawr to be particularly reliable when it comes to tank specs. Generally I only use it to gear my dps toons, and mostly just to balance hit/expertise caps.
Calleana
Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:49 am

Re: Mr robot / rawr

Hi Flomper,

I use Mr. Robot as the wonderful Theckhd helped with the numbers. I haven't used Rawr so can't comment on that. For a discussion based on Mr. Robot please see this thread http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31743 which should answer most of your questions.

For talent specs, basic training and other gear discussions there are stickied threads on the other forums on here to help you out.
theckhd
Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:17 am

Re: Mr robot / rawr

Moving this to the gear forum.
econ21
Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:24 am

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

A minor point on Mr Robot - the recommended talent build (from EJ) seems dated. Specifically, picking up all tier 1 talents seems a waste when there alternatives like rule of law. Eternal glory probably should be the one to go, as the 20 second ICD limits it's value.

This would change the recommended tankadin talent spec into something more like Theckhd's "WoG" build:

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZGMhcRkdRRucbG

as explained in his guide to talents:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29589
Digren
Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:21 am

Re: Mr robot / rawr

FYI, merging this with the "All Things Mr. Robot" thread.

As of now Mr. Robot is known to be good, and Rawr isn't, so use Mr. Robot.
Malthrax
Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:24 am

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

econ21 wrote:A minor point on Mr Robot - the recommended talent build (from EJ) seems dated. Specifically, picking up all tier 1 talents seems a waste when there alternatives like rule of law. Eternal glory probably should be the one to go, as the 20 second ICD limits it's value.

This would change the recommended tankadin talent spec into something more like Theckhd's "WoG" build:

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZGMhcRkdRRucbG

as explained in his guide to talents:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29589


EJ's tanking data for all four tanks has always been dated. EJ does a better job as a DPS-maximizing site, in my experience.
Yellowfive
Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:48 pm

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

Thanks for the feedback on our default spec for prot -- we'll take a look at yours and theck's recommendations and update our site as appropriate (and list this as a source).

The last couple updates should be much improved for all classes -- item info should be more consistent now that we have switched to the armory instead of wowhead, though we still need to update drop locations and item categorization a bit.

I have also made a few tweaks and bug fixes to the total avoidance calculations, particularly in the presence of avoidance procs from trinkets. You probably won't notice much (if any) change, but it might affect a few particular cases.
Dane
Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:32 am

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

OK, I'm quite liking this tool, but I've got a ret question for it.

My character pane shows me with a 0.00% chance to miss...so, why does it keep recommending I reforge for hit?!?

Case in point...last night, I upgrade from the ZG gloves to T11. Prior to reforging, I'm at 0.00% miss chance, and I figure I might get to reforge haste into a more "exciting" stat (I DO like the big numbers crit provides...)

However, Mr. Robot told me to go Haste to Hit...why would this be?
Maklesh
Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:46 am

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

Just found out about MrRobot and looks really nice. I just used it for my tankadin and after reading all posts in this thread I understand most of it, I do have a few questions though! The link to my profile is Maklesh - Outland.


1- On my Mainhand (Mace of Acrid Death) it tells me to reforge mastery to dodge. Why is that? Shouldn't mastery always be better then dodge and parry after a certain percentage of the ratings?

2- On my ring (Theck's Emberseal) it tells me to reforge hit to parry. Same as above; wouldn't it be better to reforge it to mastery?

3- Does MrRobot keep 102.4% CTC in mind? As optimised gear it puts me below that %. I'm over full CTC now when raidbuffed so I understand I can dump a bit, but does MrRobot try to keep a character as close to the 102.4% as possible or not?

4a- I'm not sure I read Thecks post right, but does DR on both parry and dodge start at 5% since 4.2? Or is it at 3.9705% dodge and 5% parry?
4b- MrRobot is advising me to reforge dodge to parry on some pieces (or just unreforging some pieces) which leaves the Optimised dodge at 12.89% and parry at 15.06%. Regardless of the answer to question 4a shouldn't this be closer together?


Cheers for any answers you can give me!
KysenMurrin
Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:23 am

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

Clicking "show stats", it seems to suggest it's calculating stats while raid buffed, so if you're over cap it's reforging out of it.
Maklesh
Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:34 am

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

Thats not what I asked though ;)

If MrRobot doesn't keep full CTC in mind, or the 1% dodge/parry difference then is there a reason for me to use it?

I realise that, if it doesn't keep those 2 in mind, it is still a great tool for tanks not as geared as myself (not boasting, I'm far from the greatest gear, just saying). If it doesn't though I don't see the use of it for myself.
KysenMurrin
Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:01 am

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

I'm not sure I understand the question, then, if my post doesn't answer 1, 2, and 3 of yours above. I'm saying that the fact it's reforging out of Mastery and uses raid buffed stats, since you say you're over the cap raid buffed, mean that it obviously does account for the cap and gear around it.

The stats list says you're at 102.82% before changing, and 102.29% after optimising. It appears to be aiming for as close as possible: you go from 0.42% over to 0.11% under.
Maklesh
Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:57 pm

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

You're right, point taken.

Though wouldn't it be better to keep the mastery and reforge more parry/dodge to stats like expertise or hit? Or perhaps change gemming to focus more on stamina? This question might not belong in this thread though; I know nothing of how these programs actually work and if it would even be possible to implement advise like I'm asking atm.
fuzzygeek
Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

The program will max mastery to full CTC, then swap out mastery for pure avoidance. If it's smart, it will never recommend expertise or hit for a tank.
Digren
Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:14 pm

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

Per Theck a few posts back, Mr. Robot recommends for MDR not CTC by default. Thus Maklesh, it won't always recommend the best CTC option because that's not what you've told it you want.
Weru
Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:13 am

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

Just wondering if anyone had a Stat Weight setting that better works for CTC?
The changes to the weights now have me loosing 3% CTC and gemming dodge? I'm rather confused by that.

Also wondering if anyone has looked at a Stat Weight set for 5 man farming - with a bit more threat when running with DKs, Mages, and Rogues that kinda go nuts.
econ21
Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:02 am

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

Weru wrote:Just wondering if anyone had a Stat Weight setting that better works for CTC?


Theck discussed that here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29732&start=300#p668732

Basically, make mastery 3 times as important as it is now.

Also wondering if anyone has looked at a Stat Weight set for 5 man farming - with a bit more threat when running with DKs, Mages, and Rogues that kinda go nuts.


I don't think it is worth trying to make a statistical weighting of threat vs survival. It's apples and oranges. I would just get hit and expertise capped (I only do it vs L85 mobs, so it is quite low cost). I use Licence to Slay instead of my stamina trinket for that. Yappo makes the point that MDR is better than CTC for 5 mans, but that's nothing to do with threat.
Maklesh
Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:16 am

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

Thanks for the quick answers!

What about the 2.08% difference between dodge and parry when it optimises me? Shouldn't the percentages be closer together for DR minimisation?
Koatanga
Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

Mr Robot is wrong about the drop locations for Moonwell Phial and Lylagar horn Ring.

It incorrectly lists them as quest rewards from Additional Armaments. The Phial comes from Filling the Moonwell. The trinket comes from Calling the Ancients.

Additional Armaments had no upgrades for me - a waste of 5 days' questing. Mr Robot gave me a sad.
Torias
Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

Digren wrote:Per Theck a few posts back, Mr. Robot recommends for MDR not CTC by default. Thus Maklesh, it won't always recommend the best CTC option because that's not what you've told it you want.


Mr. Robot now has a CTC Preset that you can switch to. :)
2Cute2BeStr8
Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:27 am

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

AWESOME!

I went on this today for the first time it was really helpful it helped me fix some reforging issues that I never even noticed. My shoulders were bugged and I never noticed it so it had me un-reforge them and I ended up getting quite a bit of avoidance.

There are still a few things where they are going to argue with you on BiS trinkets, but they also gave a few really good points too. Like I switched my 359 Engi helm to the 378 DPS one I got the other day.

Also I'm switching to mastery elixir and food and now am block capped. Was able to un-reforge my stay of execution so that is even more avoidance. It wants me to put in 20 parry 20 mastery gems, and even more mastery gems when I'm already block capped, but other than that awesome little tool.
Volitaire
Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:16 pm

CTC and AskMrRobot

So I really have come to like AskMrRobot until I hit full CTC. The way I hit CTC was not all gear based as I am a big fan of Elixirs over flasks in most situations and thus I reforged to realize that I had put myself way over CTC. Anyone know a good way of handling this when it comes to reforging? It seems there isn't any option on AskMrRobot to account for this and well simply put I am lazy and don't want to have to do all the work/math myself lol. Thanks!
Torias
Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:29 am

Re: CTC and AskMrRobot

Mr. Robot is a bit black-boxed in that regard, no there is no way of telling it you are using mastery consumables over the "standard" ones.

Edit: Also there's a consolidated Mr. Robot thread in GD&A further down. :)