Skip to content
Maintankadin

The Official "I Wanted Titanguard But..." Poll

Janduin
Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:01 am
Majiben wrote:Exorcism is actually lower threat than our other moves. You would use it only if you wanted to conserve mana and replace every other consecrate with it.


What about AS? Worth dropping a consecrate for or not?
majiben
Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:08 am
Unglyphed As will not provide a boost over consecrate but can do a little more than HotR. It has a very high cost however for a very small boost even when glyphed.
Dorvan
Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:08 am
Janduin wrote:
Majiben wrote:Exorcism is actually lower threat than our other moves. You would use it only if you wanted to conserve mana and replace every other consecrate with it.


What about AS? Worth dropping a consecrate for or not?


Only if you've got the AS glyph, and you'd drop HotR for it.
Ratanna
Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:13 am
there are so many fights you can't do optimal rotation.

Patchwerk i rotate with exorcism/wrath alternating (never using both consecutively) if OT cuz HS has a much smaller % (only from hatefuls which result in lower tps). 2/2 imp judgement especially.

noth solo tank with adds, throw in wrath to snap even more aggro. Optimal rotatation is nearly impossible to do on Heigan and grobbulus. I find myself using exorcism/wrath the most here. Wrath does take a lot of mana. I dont use it on fights that dont have high mana returns. I prioritze holy wrath/exorcism over holy shield a lot cause KT casts a lot and melee's infrequently.
Wrakken
Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:13 am
So far I've enchanted both weapons (RWoC and SotL) with chain. But since it doesn't stack with talent, think I'll switch to BC Potency.
Dorvan
Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:14 am
There may be some fights where to have to deviate from 969, but Patchwerk definitely isn't one of them. That's about as straightforward "stand there and spam your threat rotation" as it gets. Exorcism and Holy Wrath are less threat than the alternatives in the standard rotation and should only be used when you want the utility aspects of those moves (range/AoE).
Elsie
Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:30 am
Dorvan wrote:There may be some fights where to have to deviate from 969, but Patchwerk definitely isn't one of them. That's about as straightforward "stand there and spam your threat rotation" as it gets. Exorcism and Holy Wrath are less threat than the alternatives in the standard rotation and should only be used when you want the utility aspects of those moves (range/AoE).

I believe he's saying on patchwerk you can deviate from 969 for an 8 second judgment with libram of obstruction. This gives "286" BV over time instead of 254. I'm guessing the frequency of holy shield procs is compensation for the threat loss, and holy wrath / avenger's shield / exorcism must be used as gap fillers since it becomes a priority rotation.

I actually don't run 969 on patchwerk due to Sacred Shield. But it's hardly "not 969" so much as a "delayed" 969. In reality I find my 969 to have several lag breaks or delays to where I juggle Avenger's Shield and Exorcism in simply to get it back on track (since it is more overall threat). Grobbulus stands still to use some abilities so you often find yourself out of range for 969, in which case exorcism/holy wrath become viable.

That doesn't stop 969, it just means there are several cases where a delay occurs and you can squeeze in another ability. In general, any delay warrants the use of an ability not usually in 969 since the rotation is otherwise CD locked.
Ratanna
Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:33 am
Elsie wrote:
Dorvan wrote:There may be some fights where to have to deviate from 969, but Patchwerk definitely isn't one of them. That's about as straightforward "stand there and spam your threat rotation" as it gets. Exorcism and Holy Wrath are less threat than the alternatives in the standard rotation and should only be used when you want the utility aspects of those moves (range/AoE).

I believe he's saying on patchwerk you can deviate from 969 for an 8 second judgment with libram of obstruction. This gives "286" BV over time instead of 254. I'm guessing the frequency of holy shield procs is compensation for the threat loss, and holy wrath / avenger's shield / exorcism must be used as gap fillers since it becomes a priority rotation.

I actually don't run 969 on patchwerk due to Sacred Shield. But it's hardly "not 969" so much as a "delayed" 969. In reality I find my 969 to have several lag breaks or delays to where I juggle Avenger's Shield and Exorcism in simply to get it back on track (since it is more overall threat). Grobbulus stands still to use some abilities so you often find yourself out of range for 969, in which case exorcism/holy wrath become viable.

That doesn't stop 969, it just means there are several cases where a delay occurs and you can squeeze in another ability. In general, any delay warrants the use of an ability not usually in 969 since the rotation is otherwise CD locked.


precisely.
Elsie
Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:36 am
precisely.

Not that I agree for patchwerk. I don't think the BV gain is significant unless you're primary agro.
Dorvan
Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:50 am
Elsie wrote:
precisely.

Not that I agree for patchwerk. I don't think the BV gain is significant unless you're primary agro.


I see. Yeah, I don't think that trading large amounts of threat/DPS for small amounts of mitigation or vice versa is a good approach. In the balance, I'd say that losing ~5% threat/DPS for 50 BV is rarely the correct course of action, and doesn't apply to any of the fights that I'm aware of atm.
steadypal
Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:20 am
since this thread got hijacked and turned into threat rotations rather than wpn enchants im gonna ask, is it bad that i tend to not use consecrate much at all unless its 5+ mobs?, i do use it sometimes on bosses but not every single 969 rotation, i use it as my FREE on the 969 rotation



oh and


is

mongoose > 26agi?

i've read mongoose avg's out to 40agi a minute is that correct?
Dorvan
Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:32 am
steadypal wrote:since this thread got hijacked and turned into threat rotations rather than wpn enchants im gonna ask, is it bad that i tend to not use consecrate much at all unless its 5+ mobs?, i do use it sometimes on bosses but not every single 969 rotation, i use it as my FREE on the 969 rotation


If you're concerned about mana, sub'ing in other abilities for cons at times is a good idea. If you just want to maximize threat, you should use HotR as your "FREE" spot for subs. Cons is higher threat per GCD than HotR, it's just less mana efficient.
steadypal
Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:15 pm
Dorvan wrote:
steadypal wrote:since this thread got hijacked and turned into threat rotations rather than wpn enchants im gonna ask, is it bad that i tend to not use consecrate much at all unless its 5+ mobs?, i do use it sometimes on bosses but not every single 969 rotation, i use it as my FREE on the 969 rotation


If you're concerned about mana, sub'ing in other abilities for cons at times is a good idea. If you just want to maximize threat, you should use HotR as your "FREE" spot for subs. Cons is higher threat per GCD than HotR, it's just less mana efficient.



i think i do use it on bosses, but for heroics i leave it out for trash almost completely, makes me goo OOM. heh,

now can ya help out with mongoose vs 26agi :P
Dorvan
Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:37 pm
Yeah, 969 is really just about having a maximal threat rotation for bosses. There's no need to pay much of any attention to a rotation for trash imo, it violates several of the assumptions of 969 anyway (single, stationary mob with lots of incoming damage).

...and no, I can't help you on Mongoose vs. Agi, as I haven't looked into it much myself :)
steadypal
Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:40 pm
Dorvan wrote:Yeah, 969 is really just about having a maximal rotation for bosses. There's no need to pay much of any attention to a rotation for trash imo, it violates several of the assumptions of 969 (single, stationary mob with lots of incoming damage).

...and no, I can't help you on Mongoose vs. Agi, as I haven't looked into it much myself :)



lol SHUCKS


the places i have read is that mongoose for atleast warriors still avg's out to 40agi a minute, which is better but my only thing is i've heard from quite a few ppl that its getting the nerfbat to crusader type status with agi going down to nothing, has anybody else heard of this?
Eanin
Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:55 pm
steadypal wrote:
Dorvan wrote:Yeah, 969 is really just about having a maximal rotation for bosses. There's no need to pay much of any attention to a rotation for trash imo, it violates several of the assumptions of 969 (single, stationary mob with lots of incoming damage).

...and no, I can't help you on Mongoose vs. Agi, as I haven't looked into it much myself :)



lol SHUCKS


the places i have read is that mongoose for atleast warriors still avg's out to 40agi a minute, which is better but my only thing is i've heard from quite a few ppl that its getting the nerfbat to crusader type status with agi going down to nothing, has anybody else heard of this?


I hear that rumour all the time. There's nothing at all to substantiate it. It works exactly like it did in TBC.

It's got 1ppm and a 15 second duration with an 120 agility proc. That means it's 30 agility out of the box.

It also procs on HotR, which hits every 6 seconds. Depending on your weapon speed, this adds another 0.27 (last laugh) to 0.42 (broken promise) ppm.

So, it's 38 to 43 agility, depending on weapon speed. It also procs more with haste, reckoning or other mobs (since HotR has more hits -> more procs).

Unless you're trying to reach the block cap, it seems to me Mongoose is simply the better choice over +26 agility.
steadypal
Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:05 pm
Eanin wrote:
steadypal wrote:
Dorvan wrote:Yeah, 969 is really just about having a maximal rotation for bosses. There's no need to pay much of any attention to a rotation for trash imo, it violates several of the assumptions of 969 (single, stationary mob with lots of incoming damage).

...and no, I can't help you on Mongoose vs. Agi, as I haven't looked into it much myself :)



lol SHUCKS


the places i have read is that mongoose for atleast warriors still avg's out to 40agi a minute, which is better but my only thing is i've heard from quite a few ppl that its getting the nerfbat to crusader type status with agi going down to nothing, has anybody else heard of this?


I hear that rumour all the time. There's nothing at all to substantiate it. It works exactly like it did in TBC.

It's got 1ppm and a 15 second duration with an 120 agility proc. That means it's 30 agility out of the box.

It also procs on HotR, which hits every 6 seconds. Depending on your weapon speed, this adds another 0.27 (last laugh) to 0.42 (broken promise) ppm.

So, it's 38 to 43 agility, depending on weapon speed. It also procs more with haste, reckoning or other mobs (since HotR has more hits -> more procs).

Unless you're trying to reach the block cap, it seems to me Mongoose is simply the better choice over +26 agility.



call me a tard but does judge or our shield slam proc mongoose?
Sederia
Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:28 pm
not knowing an enchanter with potency or mongoose :/
but knowing plenty with 26agi
and not dealing with extortionistic tactics(/2 lf blahblahblah my mats, will tip, pst and they respond 40g or the ones advertising free with my mats say 'only doing WotLK era enchants' )

guess i'll stick with 26agi lol
Ocin
Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:02 pm
going back to BC potency unless there's that much of a DPS difference compared to accuracy
Eanin
Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:47 pm
Actually, Accuracy or the weapon chain are starting to look a lot more attractive now that it takes 446 hit rating to cap the new taunt.
tanx
Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:27 pm
+26 agi = Slayer of Lifeless
Potency Red Sword O' Courage

My 2 cents
Aubade
Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:13 am
tanx wrote:+26 agi = Slayer of Lifeless
Potency Red Sword O' Courage

My 2 cents



Mongoose = Slayer of the Lifeless
Mongoose = Red Sword O' Courage...

honestly mongoose is the 2nd best looking enchant in the game. that's why i use it.
Ratanna
Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:07 am
there are no changes to the mongoose effect from lvl 70 and 80 other than the amoun tof dodge/crit u get per agi point. That is all
tanbe174
Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:43 am
where is crusader ? :lol: :lol:

ok i know it s not funny

Will stick with potency
amh
Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:57 am
Aubade wrote:honestly mongoose is the 2nd best looking enchant in the game.


Which one do you think looks better? The only thing I´d rate over Mongoose would have to be Crusader.