Skip to content
Maintankadin

Shield?

Ciandin
Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:36 pm
As others have touched upon, keep in mind the currency used between the two. In close situations, I view my time /played as the ultimate currency. If you were closer to exalted, I'd recommend just toughing it out; but if you need a new shield now then go for the Coldarra.

Another factor regarding currency is what else can 35 badges be used for, and how long does it take you to acquire that many? At this point you're half way to the legs or breastplate, which would be a HUGE step up from their blue counterparts. Anyway, gratz on your new glowy shield!
Frickit
Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:18 pm
it sux being broke. 13k rep 115g plus the gems which run for about 50g each. 35 badges faster for me. not getting the badge chest as fast as I could have is definitely sucking though.
also i didnt realize the crest had that much more stamina oh well.
_________________


I haven't slept for ten days, that would be too much.
Bloodvalor
Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:44 pm
I have a question for you guys. I'm currently holy spec main healing a Hyjal / BT progression guild (4/5hyjal, 4/9BT), but I've been aquiring tank peices where I can. I just recently picked up the ZA shield, and I enchanted it with +18 stamina because I figured it would be the shield I would tank bosses with if I ever do. What shield should I use to tank trash? The only other shield I have immediate access to is the Shat rep shield, or the Ogri'la shield. I could run Kara in the hopes of getting the Nightbane shield. There is no way I could currently get the Kaz'rogal shield at this point. The Grull shield is pretty much out of the question since we don't kill him anymore and we don't kill him on ALT runs yet.

If I ever did get the Kaz shield I would probably put +18 stam on that for Bosses and put +block value on my ZA shield for trash. But as I said, Kaz shield is far far out from me getting it.

Thanks for your input! Hopefully I'll be able to spec Prot and have some fun tanking in 25 mans!
Gowron
Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:25 am
I am going to nightbane soon so:

Simple Mathematics:

Is

10 stamina
3 dodge-rating

Better then

407 armor
23 block-value
9 defense-rating


It seems to me that the Sha'tar is better versus single targets,
while the Nightbane is better against mutliple mobs.
(and this would also seem to be for the badge-shield).


I have the shatar one, so I probably wont be getting the badge one, maybe after the feet/waist/back...