Skip to content
Maintankadin

How many different gear set do you have?

Farook
Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:13 pm
- Max. Avoidance
- Max. Threat
- Max. HP
- Max. Block
- Healing
_________________
Maranus
Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:43 pm
I have one set of gear: the right one for the job.
_________________

You know you want it! Ooorah /dance
Invisusira
Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:59 pm
Well, since tanking requires you to do multiple jobs depending on the situation, I can only assume that you're a healbot.
_________________
armory | youtube | stuff
Aetherial
Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:39 am
Stamina/Mitigation
Fire Resist
Frost Resist
Nature Resist
Shadow Resist
Hydross (dual Frost/Nature for AOE add tanking)
Illidan (to keep me from using the wrong libram, LOL)
Block Value
Passive Uncrushability
Judgement (Tier 2 on a Draenei ftw!)
AOE Tanking
_________________

http://chicktankadin.blogspot.com
Mithos
Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:52 am
24:

PvP: Arena;
PvP: Battlegrounds/Open;
PvP: Flag Carrier;
Healing: Instances;
Helaing: PvP;
Fishing;
Solo: Normal;
Solo: Elite/Challenge;
Resist: Shadow;
Resist: Hydross;
Resist: Fire;
Tank: Adds/High mana
Tank: AoE (Threat);
Tank: AoE (Mitigation);
Tank: Block value;
Tank: Heroic;
Tank: Trash (as in raid trash);
Tank: MT'ing (Threat);
Tank: OT'ing;
Tank: Maximum Mitigation;
Tank: Hit capped;
Tank: Stamina;
Tank: Anetheron Adds;
Tank: Void Reaver.

Don't really use Stamina or Max BV set, and usually I end up making very fine alterations anyway, but they provide a good template for the situation. I usually alter the MT'ing (Threat) one depending on the boss, but mostly I prefer the more threat option.
_________________

Brenne
Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:49 am
I currently have: Boss set, Mob set, back-up healing set, naked. However, as my Guild progresses, I seem to have need of more varied sets in a different arrangement. I am definitely thinking in terms of uncrushable/max health vs. max avoidance vs. max threat/spell dmg. For those of you that brought up similar categories, I know it's a huge task, but would you be willing to share some of the key items that make up the differing sets or set the sets apart (so to speak).

Right now, I am almost done with Kara loot (would like Aran ring and Netherbane shield, and maybe Netherspite shoulders...), starting on ZA (and verging on/able to take Bear/Eagle with good healers and a bit of luck) and working on SSC. I am currently focusing on increasing stam, as I am not as healthy as I want to be. I have head/shoulders/gloves from T4 set, but am not finding them to be totally useful any more... Anyway, thanks in advance, and like I said, it's a big question, but maybe some key items would give me a new goal.

Brenne
armory link: http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Garona&n=Brenne
enbee
Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:48 am
pvpheal
pveheal
critheal
avoidancetank
mtank
bvtank
spelldmgtank
pvedps
pvpdps
shadowres
arcaneres
_________________

LoL, a paladin tank!
Kibaikasu
Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:39 pm
Only have two sets so far, so I haven't really found a use for downloading Item Rack yet (I used to use it when I used to play a warlock in combo with a /dance macro, handy for getting naked really fast =P). Considering that I've only been lvl 70 for 2 weeks now, I consider this quite a feat!

I have my normal tank set, which I switch my defender shield and continuum blade with revenger and petrified lichen guard for farming, and I have a Lolhealing set wasting away in my bank which I've collected during my farming days (only farm now-a-days for aepex shards for when I finally find a depleted sword, been farming for one for AGES it seems...).
_________________
Kibaikasu
Enforcer of the Unreal