Skip to content
Maintankadin

Stupid Warchief :(

Taeron
Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:01 am
Hehe, like someone already said, it balances out.

I got D3 shoulders, Devishark Cape and D3 helm in first runs.
I however never saw the tanking ring in Arcatraz drop (until this very day) and it took me WAY past exalted to get the trinket in SH.

Karazhan was same story all over again. Shield and chest off Nightbane on first kill. Wrynn pants off Curator - 25 goddamn kills. Tanking necklace off Maiden - never until this very day.

Balanced. (It's what warlocks aren't.)
_________________
NarfJones
Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:57 am
I decided a long time ago that I would never grind for gear. I figured that once I hit 490 I would run for gear but never excessively. Thanks to that, i never had to grind arc for the ring because I got Shade's ring. The only thing I even consider grinding for is my shoulders because the warchief's mantle just pisses me off everytime I see it now. I look at it this way, if it's not an essential piece(i.e. put you over 490 defense or hit a specific unbuffed hp), there is no reason to grind for it. You will just be replacing it later.
_________________
Juliette
Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:00 pm
I saw it drop twice in 5 runs. First time it dropped, obviously I rolled and won Smile
_________________
NarfJones
Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:47 pm
Well I thought, Ok, Im bored and could use a good ol' Bot run. We double and triple pulled the whole way through because the healer kept getting bored...lol Sure enough, I get my shoulders! As I am still broke from the tankalicious goggle action I had to put crap gems in but they will last until tuesday. Only until tuesday.
_________________
Bullion
Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:07 pm
SH is driving me nuts. 2 more runs and I will be exalted and I have yet to see FotC or the gloves.

Compared to the frequency of runs I have been doing, nothing else in the game has taken this long to drop for me.
_________________
thangos
Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:59 pm

re:

Heh im only a few k from exalted and have seen the gloves drop like 4 times but never ever never does the colosus drop Sad
_________________
Viskahn
Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:38 am
i am on the verge of exalted, having skipped most of the hellfire peninsula quests. i started running SH at 68, i dinged 70 in there, i have done it on heroic 3 times so far, and about 20+ normal runs...

no trinket.


i HATE shattered halls nearly as much as i hate shadow labs (2 chars exalted there...im not even revered on my tankadin yet, such is my reluctance to go there)


mind you, it was nearly as bad getting devilshark for me. i ended up getting it in my first heroic SV, along with a nether for my blacksmithing boots, which worked out quite nicely in the end.

ive still yet to see righteous shoulders too, having been exalted with sha'tar for god knows how long.



and dont get me started on kara....been exalted quite a while there and yet to see panzar'thar, abrahmis, maiden neck, attumen bracers, kings defender, wrynn dynasty greaves...etc etc.
i hear that most of those dropped on the ONE friday where i missed kara (was going out getting drunk), and went to the pathetically undergeared alt warrior who was on about his 2nd kara run.


sometimes i really hate this game.
_________________

(if the figures are terrible, im in my loldps gear, obviously)
Worldie
Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:09 am
I think i got the trinket in one of our daily Heroic SH runs, while i wasn't really caring of it.

I already had convinced myself that the Figurine of the Colossus was removed from the database.
_________________

Viskahn
Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:05 pm
blackhand finally gave me the damn figurine tonight on my final SH run, just as i got exalted.
_________________

(if the figures are terrible, im in my loldps gear, obviously)
thangos
Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:53 pm
You're on blackhand? and it dropped??? nooooooooooooooooo ffs i should not have slept lol Sad

oh well you alliance or horde?
_________________