Skip to content
Maintankadin

Is Heavy Borean Armor Kit the best universal buff to gloves?

Jellypop
Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:46 pm
if your talking about tanking

i'd perfer 20 hit myself honestly

threat? LOL
_________________
Martie
Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:02 am
I still haven't gotten an upgrade for my goggles either.
_________________
I'm about to drop the hammer...
...and dispense some indiscriminate justice!

This is my armory profile
Majiben
Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:42 am
Moved to the discussion forum since that's the way the thread moved toward. Keep discussing!
_________________
Tuberon
Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:18 pm
Best glove enchant:

Blacksmithing:Socket Gloves
_________________
Warning: Above poster makes no claims to validity or sanity of said post.

Also... cake.
Conaan!
Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:54 pm
personally armsman is the best choice

pro's:
Threat
--Burst threat increased for grabbing certain mob faster
--Steady threat increase for malygos type fights where there is high damage increase for damage dealers but not tanks

Mitigation
--Provides a stat that is subject to less DR then dodge

Cons':
Threat
--no lolprot dps'ing with this enchant and RF on
--Threat really isnt a issue for most fights

Mitigation
--loss of stam enchant slot
--could have large DR on parry
_________________
Threatco
Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:36 pm
I think he means it could be good for you because of parry's intialy lower DR, until you stack parry, in which case it becomes a con.

I realy did miss 20 Agi. But I am not so great at working out AGI-avoidance. I have AGI on my weapon too and some of my gear side grade options are deep dodge. Is it possible to DR dodge so high (in current patch) that armsman is no longer the pauper (malygos fight arguement aside). I doubt I am there yet but it makes me think.

I think the biggest debate here is on STR, because there so many steps in the logic. STR gives some 2 AP + 1/2 BV. (please correct me if I am wrong with #s)

AP is easy to understand, but BV is so situational. We all know it an love it. But do we need it over classic tank stats? How will we know?

With all the other options available to us, it's hard to choose something we are not sure if it is the best option in any situation.

Without being able to point to a maintankadin.failsafedesign.com thread that agree's with me I would feel less confident going into lolnub arguements with other tanks on my server.
_________________


At 540 Defense, when the tooltip says you have 5.6% chance to be missed, you really have a 4.11%.
Marihan
Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:41 am
maybe it just me but i prefer Hand-Mounted Pyro Rocket
its profession only, but has 45 yards range and 1 min cd

i dont have threat issues so if it comes to avoidance i would use the agi enchant, though history shows i would go for stamina because i cant stand that my fellow warriortank has more hp than me(mostly useless effort Sad )
_________________
Marihan - lvl 70 Bloodelf - EU-Proudmoore