I hit 80 last night, bought my new spells (still haven't remembered to spend that last talent point XD), and started gemming/enchanting for Def.
I was still wearing a ton of BC epics and had waaaaaaaaay less than 500 Def, to say nothing of 535. I swapped several of those out for quest/rep/crafted blues that were in my bank. Got the three Wrath Def enchants. Got the Honored inscription from Sons of Hodir (cheaper on Blackhand than the Exalted with Scryer). I was gemming with uncommon quality gems because I didn't want to break the bank on items that are soon to be replaced. Somewhere during all of this, a guildie offered 3 belt buckles to whomever wanted them. I took one and threw it on my belt, socketing it for Def as well.
When all was said and done, I was at around 527 Defense. I had enchanted everything pretty well except my helm - I'm very close to revered with AC, and didn't want to go to CoT and blow a bunch of gold for their much less sexy version.
I figured what the heck, the best way to get that last 4000 rep to revered is to run instances anyway - and I was going to get 5 more Defense skill naturally just by getting beaten up. So I walked into Heroic Violet Hold with about 527 Def and 20.7k hp unbuffed.
Piece of cake.
We even got the Voidwalker and kiting bosses. No deaths except my wife's pet, which pulled aggro every time the final boss teleported us, and died twice on that fight. My wife got the epic gloves for her trouble, though.
As soon as I hit Revered with AC I'll enchant my helm and switch up to Wyrmrest - they still have a chest and boots for me.
Thanks for all the input - we'll hopefully be running a bunch of these tonight.
_________________





