Skip to content
Maintankadin

Are You Ready for Heroics and/or Naxx? Look Here!

Idea
Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:30 am
I keep seeing defense numbers listed, but those don't take into account the other avoidance stats. If I find a cape with higher avoidance than what I'm wearing, even though it will raise my +dodge or whatever instead of my defense, shouldn't I wear it instead?

I still have the macro I used in TBC to determine uncrushability. Can I use that instead of the 535 defense number to determine my readiness for heroics?
Panzerdin
Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:35 pm
I promise I wouldn't ever post misinformation on purpose, unless I thought it would be really funny.
Idea
Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:19 pm
Really? Why not?
Majiben
Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:27 pm
Because if you ignore your defense you will get crit to death occasionally when if you had bothered to get to 535 defense you would have been perfectly safe. Additionally your old macro is likely out of date.
Panzerdin
Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:55 pm
And being uncrushable is no substitute, because it doesn't work while stunned, incapacitated, bored and not paying attention, silenced, etc.
Idea
Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:14 pm
So what I'm hearing then is that all other stats are relatively unimportant until your Stam, Armor, and Defense are at the recommended minimums. Got it. Thanks!
Panzerdin
Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:23 pm
Not exactly. I just had the Armour and Stamina minimums in to give people an idea of what to aim for. 535 defence is what's important (although Stamina and Armour are important too).
Majiben
Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:14 am
Well the bosses in H VH vary a lot. One day it's the easist heroic and the next it is harder than H MGT.

You should have been if you knew all the abilities and strats for the bosses.

Without a link to your armory and possibly the healer's we can't comment on it anymore.
Panzerdin
Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:43 am
Majiben, can we stop condoning the asking of questions about random things so much?
Folstar
Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:25 pm

Re: Are You Ready for Heroics and/or Naxx? Look Here!

What you need for heroics is 535 defence, 20k HP and 20k armor Unbuffed. Yes, there is a little leeway in this. No, you can't go in with 16k hp, 17k armor and 500 defense. For Naxx, you need 540 defence. The EH value this setup will give you will do nicely for heroics, while Raid Buffs will pad out your HP enough to let you function well in a 25-man (since they'll take you up to about 27k+).


Could you provide a little more detail on the requirements for starting Naxx? Are you saying the EH of any 540 setup should be sufficient? Is there a specific HP total we should aim for as there is for heroics? What about avoidance?
Majiben
Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:39 am

Re: Are You Ready for Heroics and/or Naxx? Look Here!

Panzerdin said 20k hp unbuffed and 20k armor unbuffed as the minimums. Those are your EH mileposts.
KysenMurrin
Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:06 pm

Re: Are You Ready for Heroics and/or Naxx? Look Here!

Are there any similar ballpark figures for what kind of stats are needed before trying to tank things in Ulduar-10, or Emalon?
Majiben
Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:19 am

Re: Are You Ready for Heroics and/or Naxx? Look Here!

Haven't been able to pull a boss in either of those yet.
Barathorn
Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:43 am

Re: Are You Ready for Heroics and/or Naxx? Look Here!

KysenMurrin wrote:Are there any similar ballpark figures for what kind of stats are needed before trying to tank things in Ulduar-10, or Emalon?


I would also be interested in knowing this although I think the old Vanifae saying of 'get in there and try it' might be the best way to find out :)