Skip to content
Maintankadin

The Official "I Wanted Titanguard But..." Poll

anrke
Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:02 am
I went and bought +20 STR off the AH as soon as the patch downloaded.

Oh well, very happy with my TTH.
amh
Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:09 am
Lifeward 0% [ 0 ]

Looks good so far \o\
Kroda
Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:47 am
I use battlemaster
agnara
Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:49 am
I use mongoose, but mostly because green glows on a blue sword doesn't look that good imo. When I get a new weapon i think i'm going to get 26 agi, or 20 str.
Petrus
Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:15 am
I use 20 strength, as I have a friend of mine who is the only person I know with the enchant.
Galannor
Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:07 pm
Why are people taking accuracy over the weapon chain? Isnt the chain also cheaper?
dmok
Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:23 pm
Galannor wrote:Why are people taking accuracy over the weapon chain? Isnt the chain also cheaper?

If you have Pursuit of Justice, the 50% reduced disarm duration does not stack. So you are trading 3 hit for however-much crit accuracy has. Sounds worth it to me.
Doktah
Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:32 pm
I want to see a weapon enchant that causes the target to shrink to baby size, just like baby spice does, and reduces stats by 10%....or an enchant that causes the target to become encased in flames and takes X amount of dmg.

Getting tired of all these shitty/old enchants.
Galannor
Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:57 pm
dmok wrote:
Galannor wrote:Why are people taking accuracy over the weapon chain? Isnt the chain also cheaper?

If you have Pursuit of Justice, the 50% reduced disarm duration does not stack. So you are trading 3 hit for however-much crit accuracy has. Sounds worth it to me.


Isn't accuracy only hit?

*edit: Hit and crit, my bad, carry on
Torquemada
Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:07 pm
I know one person in my guild who has Potency: our GM, who's in the process of stepping down. Really not looking forward to him cutting back in activity, but he's in the process of going to seminary to join the priesthood. UGH. I hope Catholic priests are allowed to play WoW.

We had one other who had it, but he left, and he's my wife's ex, and a total asshat. I know one other guild who has it, so in a pinch I just have to get my tip money out.
anrke
Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:26 pm
Torquemada wrote:Really not looking forward to him cutting back in activity, but he's in the process of going to seminary to join the priesthood. UGH. I hope Catholic priests are allowed to play WoW.

Fort plz lol!
pedal2000
Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:46 pm
Is 20 Strength really worth it for a paladin?
majiben
Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:07 pm
Compared to the other options, yes.

50 AP and 16.5 BV
Elsie
Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:23 pm
I want to change my answer to +2 beastslaying. =\
Turumbar
Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:37 pm
I'm running with a Titanium Weapon chain right now, mostly because I hadn't enchanted my weapon and I made one while levelling my blacksmithing.
Ewige
Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:58 pm
Potency!

Although I hear they have pills for that now, oh well.
Sober
Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:10 pm
Torquemada wrote:I know one person in my guild who has Potency: our GM, who's in the process of stepping down. Really not looking forward to him cutting back in activity, but he's in the process of going to seminary to join the priesthood. UGH. I hope Catholic priests are allowed to play WoW.

Stock up on enchant scrolls.

... crap do I still have that extra one lying around somewhere... crap
Candiru
Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:55 am
I stuck unholy weapon on my red sword of courage.

The proc lowers the damage done by 15!

It also looks ace.

And, its a magic effect so it helps in PvP since it procs like crazy.
Ratanna
Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:36 am
Elsie wrote:
Ratanna wrote:i replaced mongoose for accuracy this morning. with the threat nerf i want more hit/crit. I will switch back to goose for ulduar if there is nothing better.

I'm confused why you would lower your crit, raise your hit, and do this over simply enchanting strength / AP.


Because mongoose is agi and its melee crit only. I was only primarily using mongoose for avoidance/armor. With the new patch nerfing threat I am going to learn more towards threat enchant until ulduar. and accuracy is more tps than 20 str when your hit is <5%. People also forget that +hit is also +spellhit and crit the same way spell/melee.

Going to rely a lot more on exorcism/holy wrath in a threat rotaiton (especially in naxx) and those are all affected by spell hit. If I was hit capped i'd go 20 str, but i'm not. I'll take the +spell/melee hit and +spell/melee crit anyday.

When ulduar hits i'll be rollin back to mongoose unless they've added any new weapon enchants.
majiben
Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:43 am
Psiven's rough threat weigthings indicate that +20 str is slightly more threat than +25 crit/hit by a very small margin but that may not accurate for your particular gear set. There is always the 16.5 BV from +20 str to consider.
Elsie
Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:44 am
Ratanna wrote:
Elsie wrote:
Ratanna wrote:i replaced mongoose for accuracy this morning. with the threat nerf i want more hit/crit. I will switch back to goose for ulduar if there is nothing better.

I'm confused why you would lower your crit, raise your hit, and do this over simply enchanting strength / AP.


Because mongoose is agi and its melee crit only. I was only primarily using mongoose for avoidance/armor. With the new patch nerfing threat I am going to learn more towards threat enchant until ulduar. and accuracy is more tps than 20 str when your hit is <5%. People also forget that +hit is also +spellhit and crit the same way spell/melee.

Going to rely a lot more on exorcism/holy wrath in a threat rotaiton (especially in naxx) and those are all affected by spell hit. If I was hit capped i'd go 20 str, but i'm not. I'll take the +spell/melee hit and +spell/melee crit anyday.

When ulduar hits i'll be rollin back to mongoose unless they've added any new weapon enchants.

Err... I'm not sure why, but in a single target fight you won't use Holy Wrath / Exorcism (usually) unless you screw up your rotation. That means the rest of your general abilities are functioning off melee crit anyway. (Ranged crit == melee crit for AGI).
Archimeades
Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:46 am
Ratanna wrote:
Elsie wrote:
Ratanna wrote:i replaced mongoose for accuracy this morning. with the threat nerf i want more hit/crit. I will switch back to goose for ulduar if there is nothing better.

I'm confused why you would lower your crit, raise your hit, and do this over simply enchanting strength / AP.


Because mongoose is agi and its melee crit only. I was only primarily using mongoose for avoidance/armor. With the new patch nerfing threat I am going to learn more towards threat enchant until ulduar. and accuracy is more tps than 20 str when your hit is <5%. People also forget that +hit is also +spellhit and crit the same way spell/melee.

Going to rely a lot more on exorcism/holy wrath in a threat rotaiton (especially in naxx) and those are all affected by spell hit. If I was hit capped i'd go 20 str, but i'm not. I'll take the +spell/melee hit and +spell/melee crit anyday.

When ulduar hits i'll be rollin back to mongoose unless they've added any new weapon enchants.


Buh? I saw nothing in the patch notes nerfing our TPS, please explain.
majiben
Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:49 am
If you were using the exploitive ShoR*2 or the bugged JoL you would experience some drop in threat.
Treck
Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:49 am
When the target is Undead or Deamon, Exorcism should be in your rotation.
Replacing eather Hammer or Consecration iirc.
Not sure about Holy Wrath tho, but should do a bit of dmg aswell but if its worth it i dont know.
majiben
Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:50 am
Exorcism is actually lower threat than our other moves. You would use it only if you wanted to conserve mana and replace every other consecrate with it.