Skip to content
Maintankadin

Shattered Sun Pendant of Acumen

steadypal
Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:36 pm
i am aldor, and i havent seen it proc yet, i've read that scryers one got hotfixed so idk whats up with it...


i did notice doing more dmg from just the equip dmg alone, so i would like it, would think that'd be great for farming lower lvl stuff.... if it procced off of all of our abilities....


as for healing and tank one, they work ASAP...


btw would u guys use the tanking one? over say barbed choker?

i know for a warrior tank that neck would be godly... but for pallies idk
Sahiel
Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:22 pm
I could be wrong but doesn't the tanking one say "on melee hit" so we won't get it off judgements, seals, etc. Only our generic melee attacks... which kinda sucks.
_________________
steadypal
Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:15 pm
well we do alot of autoattacking in between cooldowns and it procs quite often, within 1-5 swings when its not on hidden cooldown
Imbur
Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:11 pm
If your aldor.... go for the tank neck with hit, expertise, and stam. First of all, you need all of the stats, especially when delving into endgame, PLUS, the proc +100 dodge is sick. It goes off every pull, granting me dodge a the start of the fight, as well as half way through and at the end. Spell dmg can be had in other pieces, armor weapons, gems, enchants.... but 100 dodge is a rough find. Fuck the neck except for grinding, go tank neck, its OP.
_________________
Maihes
Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:31 pm
Accumen procs ALL THE TIME. Hell it procs when I am sitting mounted in town at full health recieving no heals....

I use the other for avoidance, but for all trash (including heroic "bosses") Accumen all the way. The trinket's and the necks all proc so often they were worth the grind (on my Draenei I think I quit my horde.


< ALDOR
_________________

Azulito
Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:55 pm
i believe they hotfixed acumen so now it doesn't proc for no reason, but only when you cast a spell that deals dmg. However, i'm curious if it will proc off holyshield hits or concecration or SoR? as far as i know the only "Cast" that deals dmg, is JoR/JoV... anyone know?
_________________
While warriors are playing with their lucky charms and their CC's, a pally gets to run in there like a bull in a china shop and wreck things up.

-Traurgar, lvl 70 Warrior on Lightbringer
Gracerath
Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:10 pm
The aldor neck is so ridiculously better than the scryer version its not even funny. How they can compare that 100 dodge = 100 expertise rating is beyond me. Item budget wise maybe but usefulness? Dodge all the way. I really honestly regret going scryer way back in the day when it really didn't matter.
_________________
Arianne
Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:58 am
I saw someone reference that they'd done math to show that the SSO tank neck (for Aldor) is better than the Maiden neck. Anyone have that math handy or have an opinion on the subject?
_________________
~Lightbringer~
Arianne - 70 Paladin - Protection
Sayvil - 70 Priest - Holy
Pious
Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:43 am
I use this a lot. Not just for trash but also on bosses that summon lots of adds that need to be AoE'd. So I wear it whenever I feel I can drop below the defense minimum and need the extra threat.

I also wear it on Void Reaver sometimes, but usually my threat generation is good enough anyway.

And yeh it procs a lot for me. They did hotfix it recently to stop it proccing from zoning and eating/drinking, but it's still great.

Got rid of the resolve pendant as soon as I got the Frayed Tether from Fathomlord - needed the defense more than a random dodge proc - although admittedly the expertise was nice.
Neganur
Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:43 am
worth noting, the proc for Aldor is called 'Light's wrath' and the tooltip looks like Holy Shield. Maybe that's why some people never realize it procing.
_________________