Skip to content
Maintankadin

New Shields

Sithy
Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:04 am
When I said raw avoidance I ment dodge/parry/miss, without the block. For uncrushability sake (which is not really avoidance in my mind, its crush avoidance) BR is better, you can get higher raw avoidance in other slots very easily anyway.

It all depends where your stats are and then start playing ring around the rosie with dodge/parry/block to balance them in a way that works for you.
_________________

Sithy, 70 Human Priest
Sithy
Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:18 am
A +15 def enchant for shield would be to easy! Kinda how a BR gem would be to easy as well.

@Guillex, You sir need a ZA shield and S1 Mace imo. :p

And now I realize I logged off my pally nekkid this morning... whoops!
_________________

Sithy, 70 Human Priest
sbeacher
Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:28 pm
Seems like http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28611 would be a better/similar option for a threat shield?

That is if you run Kara without any shamans.

The mp5 is always nice in heroics and grinding when you don't have your plg out.

Would be a nice upgrade for those of us still dragging http://www.wowhead.com/?item=31491 around however.
_________________
Arjuna
Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:39 pm
Yeah, shields drop in kara/za/gruul

well, some of us arent as lucky as others...

gief ANY shield drop...any at all!!!

until then, the 2 SSO shields will have to do...( finally getting rid of my sha'tar crest, yay!)
Keejoong
Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:27 pm
Is the extra 400 armour on the new shield worth losing 120 hp on the crest of the sha'tar?

I had guild issues where half of the guild (35 people) left in space of 1 hour and have not been able to do ANY raiding (Not even Kara! Sad )

No idea when I'll be able to find a good guild that raids, and the new shield seems to be the only real upgrade/sidegrade for me that I can see.

Here is my armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmourne&n=Ravinia

BTW Strange how it updated my trinket that I got yesterday but wont change that I'm no longer part of that guild that I left a week ago hmm
Zhalseran
Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:22 pm
I have all 3 shields from Karazhan, and I am likely going to pick up both of the new shields as well. If I can find a little extra defense I can see myself using the Dawnforged Defender, but the Sunward Crest honestly doesn't appeal to me all that much. I'll probably use it for grinding or something though.

If I ever get the ALD or ZA shield I'll probably end up using those, though. Hell, I might end up using a MGSW come S4.
_________________
http://zhalseran.blogspot.com/
Keejoong
Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:36 am
Lol yeh, I had my crest for ages too, nothing seems to be within reach except the new rep shield / MGSW

Then is MGSW > Crest / New rep shields? seems to be more amour/stam
Kyntan
Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:22 pm
Is the shield from Nightbane wort anything? If i can get the sso shield instead?