Skip to content
Maintankadin

AOE Tanking Gear

Jensaarai
Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:50 pm
Is there any reason you can't judge?
_________________
Lolpaladins
Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:17 pm
For Helm, the #1 choice is definatly Faceplate of the Impenetrable, no question.

For Boots, Jungle Stompers are an amazing mix of block value and block rating, making them invaluable for aoe tanking.

Also, you cannot leave out Dabiri's Enigma from the list of trinkets. On activated 15% extra block rating will push up a great many people up to > 100% "avoidance" without having to rely on either redoubt or Holy Shield. While it lasts.
_________________
mlwhiteley
Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:01 pm
sticky?
Raice
Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:57 am
While I do very much enjoy the runeshield for threat and the bulwark of the amani for block, I've also found that the Bulwark of Azzinoth's proc effect is up a good deal in Hyjal (or any other aoe pull) and I would probably rate it #1 because of this. 6336 to 8336 armor just from a shield is nothing to scoff at O.o
_________________
mlwhiteley
Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:36 pm
This should be stickied I think, I find myself AoE tanking 90% of the time in raids. SSC/MT and such.
Arizanti
Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:16 am

Re: AOE Tanking Gear

Nice work Lieris!

Please consider the following trinkets for AOE raid tanking, in no particular order:

1. Crimson Serpent
2. Battlemaster Audacity
3. Darkmoon Card - Vengeance


Once you and your raid are more comfortable with an encounter, then you can move to more threat and less health trinkets.

1. Eye of Magtheridon
2. Hex Shrunken Head
3. Timbal's Focusing crystal
4. Tome Fiery Redemption

I stack +spelldamage for any AOE situation, as consecration is the main threat/damage factor by far. As an example, for Mount Hyjal I've been using Tome Fiery Redemption and Darkmoon card. I avoid the autoblocker, since I want to take some damage, so I'm not mana starved. Most likely will replace the Tome with Crimson Serpent.
_________________
Long Live Sylvanas!!!