Skip to content
Maintankadin

2.4 New Trinkets

Arjuna
Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:25 am
wohoo, I got me a http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34473 on wednesday evening! Heroic wasent that much harder than normal mode Smile

...not when you got your team of AoEing friends with you! Very Happy
Bryne
Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:31 am
As I understand it, this will work with Consecration, but the proc will hit only one mob once and then be on hidden cooldown for 15 seconds, which makes it pretty meh for aoe tanking. Can anyone confirm this?
_________________
Kethion
Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:12 am
I hit revered last Thursday in the morning (yes I am crazy), and finally decided to make http://wowhead.com/?item=35700 . That and the commendation are my 2 stamina trinkets... now all I need is the insignia to drop and the pocketwatch -.-
_________________
Bahamutkotd
Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:06 pm
ok so i got my commendation tonight, but now i'm wondering.... and in reality, i kinda miss the ohsh*t button the pocket watch gives but what would you say the best set up would be.

i'm currently got
BV gear: auto-blocker, com
Theat gear: Watch, DMC: V
Boss gear: dmc: v/watch, and Commendation

Thoughts, i think i'll probly use the card for trash mainly and VR/etc, but use the watch for bosses, cause i'd miss the oh shit that the 2 would create together, and the watch itself. And the aoe might just get both trinks for extra stam... not sure
Jereth
Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:50 am
Just as a follow-up I'd be really interested to hear what combinations or trinkets people are planning to use now we're into 2.4.

I'm not at the level some of you guys are (just heading into T5 content now), but previously I've been using the Gnomeragan Auto-Blocker and DMV in most cases as they seemed the most useful combination of the two. Note: I've never seen the Pocket Watch drop in over six months of running Kara Crying or Very sad

I was lucky enough to get the Commendation last night, and was considering switching out the Blocker for it and keeping the DMV. I know the rules are normally to have a one stam and one mitigaton/avoidance trinket, but the effect of the Commendation at 35% seemed to sit in both schools (sort of halfway) so was tempting just have em both and enjoy the massive HP boost.

Also, some of the new JC trinkets that have been mentioned above look very nice as well, certainly in as much as I wuold consider dropping the Card for the Serpent, also need to have a look at the Boar.

Sorry for waffling a bit there, and I do understand it's a mix/match exercise dependant on the fight, but I'd appreciate the expertise of my peers here to help cover off things I may have missed in my mind Cool
_________________
Ketsurui
Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:20 am
I will be keeping the commendation in my trinket line-up.

I'm debating now whether to replace my DMV with the spell dmg trinket from SSO revered. I think I will. The threat should be far better from the SD trinket and, more importantly, consistent and available when I want it.

I've been off the pocket watch for some time now, using the scarab of displacement to fill the defense gap created by my ZA gear and my need for an emergency button. I don't think I'm going to miss the scarab (I don't miss the pocket watch after several months of being without it), but that remains to be seen. We're heading into MH/BT now and I think EH is the way to go for me, since our healers are very solid and the raid is very on top of trash packs. Chugging Free Action potions helps a bit.
Monsti
Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:44 pm
Crimson Serpent + Commendation

Crimson Serpent > DMC: V

Commendation > pocket watch

Sorry for my terrible english.
Everyone preferred a 15 stamina gem against a 10 dodge gem.
It´s the same here. 57 Stamina vs 38 dodge.

I prefere the bonus feature from Commendation as well. Most of my deaths i never had the chance to use the panic button from the pocket watch ( stunned, feared etc.)

-------------------

Figurine - Empyrean Tortoise or Hydross-Trinket for the Illidan-Add (critimmun)