Skip to content
Maintankadin

Slikk's > Pepe's ?

Ciandin
Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:09 pm
Since this thread has been necro'd, what is everyone's thoughts on Slikk's vs. Phoenix wing when your server finds the 12def to cape enchant? I'm still thinking keeping Slikk's with armor and adding Def to Phoenix wing. Hell, I don't think I've even worn Slikk's since this thread originated in January.
Lieris
Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:32 am
With SOW and Reckoning I never go OOM in Hyjal using max rank consecration even in dodge gear.

As for the topic I have both cloaks with +12 dodge but I always use Slikk's. My Pepe's comes out for Nalorakk or Vashj vial runs and that's it really :/ I guess I'd use it on Council too.
_________________
Monsti
Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:34 am
Slikks + dodge
Lev
Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:22 am
Just got Pepe's last night and actually i'm not planning to put it on. Def stats are just worse, also i think the extra armor on slikks is neat.
Propably i would take pepe's if it had expertise rating instead of hit. Expertise IS an avoidance stat, but hit rating... i don't really bother about it at all.
Also spellhit would be nice, especially on bosses. I think at some point, a tankadin should always take spell hit instead of more spelldmg because it is very rare on plate and for bosses we have like 14% resists, which is a huge amount of threat we're just blowing up in the air.

Enchant: I always tanke agility.. it's cheaper than dodge and for pallies it is almost the same amount as the dodge enchant, also it adds a tiny 24 to our armor! *lol*
_________________

Paladins do it with... Protection!
Jikozani
Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:56 pm
I prefer pepe's tbh, because of the higher stamina (apart from the +hit benefit).Sure, in pure theorycraft and only against melee slikk's may come out ahead on EH. It may cut out a lot more dmg than the hp gain. But I still can't help but feel that the ~100hp is more likely to save the day. Stamina is plain and simple, the armor benefit depends largely on how much the mob is hitting for and his spike damage.
There's plenty of damage in the game that is non physical, including many bosses' specials (breaths and such). Stamina ups the threshold for ardent defender as well as the new trinket (nothing to scoff at imo, even against the hardest hitting bosses, considering the hp levels we can attain).
_________________
Jikozani
Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Ah yes I have been misunderstood concerning that again.

You 're right it doesn't matter whether damage comes in a single big hit or many small ones.

However what matters for me to evaluate armor is how much damage it's going to cut off a possible damage spike (I believe we also discussed this in the glove enchant thread).
_________________